Are people with tattoos stupid?

268 posts in this topic

Best one I saw some years ago was on the forearm of a, let´s say: "little read and growly" kind of guy...:

"Blute und Are" along with a very metal looking budgie. (could have been an eagle)

He saw me looking at it and told me it is German and means: "Blood and honour!" I told him no it doesn´t, it acutally says "Bleed and Are (thinking about the little river in CH)

He was not amused especially when I asked if he had kept the reciept for a refund.

Interesting topic.  Aye, I'm on tattoo number 5.  First one was in 1980 and I have another appointment later this year.  Something pictish this time.

I have noticed that each time I get one, I can feel my 'IQ levels' drop.  I've also noticed I am no longer able to properly match clothes and am finding I prefer children's books due to simpler sentences and no big words.  :blink:

Nursing nightmare as a student- patient needing injections, has full body tattoo. Where to jab the needle!! The positioning landmarks did not seem to  work:huh:

36 minutes ago, BayrischDude said:

I have noticed that each time I get one, I can feel my 'IQ levels' drop

I didn't realize it was a chicken-egg scenario! 

for the thread itself,  making sweeping assumptions about whole groups of people you know nothing about is pretty dumb.  For every tattoo disaster there are equally beautiful (or at least impressive) works of art on the other side. 

and for the OP, methinks people should learn to write properly before accusing anyone else of being "stupid"

"Are people with tattoos stupid?"

In my opinion no. I know alot of people who have tattoos and it depends on the individual. I have seen some really beautiful tatoos in my lifetime, some I would consider works of art. Thing is, nowadays it is almost normal to have one and is becoming different not to have any tattoos or piercings.

1 hour ago, BayrischDude said:

Interesting topic.  Aye, I'm on tattoo number 5.  First one was in 1980 and I have another appointment later this year.  Something pictish this time.

I have noticed that each time I get one, I can feel my 'IQ levels' drop.  I've also noticed I am no longer able to properly match clothes and am finding I prefer children's books due to simpler sentences and no big words.  :blink:

Post some pictures of the pictish tattoos. I really love tribal tattoos as well.:wub:

As for the IQ levels dropping, I notice that every year myself due to the ageing process. :lol:

24 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

scenario! 

assumptions 

impressive

These have too many...letters.  How do I say an 'sc' word?

That last tattoo really cooked me brain.

@Tim Hortons Man, do you still feel this way after 13 years mate?  Opinions can change after time.  Genuinely curious.

6 minutes ago, Anna66 said:

As for the IQ levels dropping, I notice that every year myself due to the ageing process. :lol:

Side bar:  I watched a video on the weekend about Professor David Sinclair on Youtube.  I recommend it.  He discusses NMN and NAD.  He's made some rather amasing discoveries (yes, in human trials as well) on aging and certain molecules.

NOTE:  I had to look all those words up in my 'big boy' dictionary.  Has nice pictures in it.  I can colour some of them and even stay inside the lines! :lol::lol:

Some people laugh in the face of adversity.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/9c/c9/64/9cc96454abd912e57c17264b50f0959d--clever-tattoos-funny-tattoos.jpg

I saw a picture once of a tattoo on the stump of an amputated leg with the words "Work in Progress"

I dont know whether they are stupid. But I definitely know that the colours do infiltrate the closest lymph nodes. Since there is no regulation regarding the content of these colours its sort of russian roulette which powder will be used to produce the ink. All is allowed and a lot of basic colour powder does contain toxic heavy metal parts. These powders are used for all kind of colour use including basic material for car paint which is nothing I would want to get under my skin.

3 minutes ago, Wherearewegoingto said:

Since there is no regulation regarding the content of these colours its sort of russian roulette which powder will be used to produce the ink. 

Tattooing in general is unregulated. There is no Ausbildung for it and anyone can do it. 

The guy who did my most recent tattoo said most artists regulate themselves to keep the government out. As soon as the government feels the need to step in, it won’t be affordable for many who would otherwise get a tattoo. 

My opinion on tattoos:

Worst types are the fucking hipsters with their fucking hipsters tattoos.

But in general, there seem to be 2 types of people doing tattoos. Those with strong feelings attached to it and those who are in dire need of attention. Both types are overcompensating something.

I have a very negative view on tattooed people because that overcompensation is usually hiding something I don't want in my personal or professional life.

So I don't think they are in general stupid. They can be smart people who are either having strong emotional issues or smart people who are in need of sex, so they think tattoos will make them more "rad".

Still, much better than those fucking hipster earlob holes! When I see those idiots with the giant earlobes, trying to be "bad" and "rad", I just have the urge to put 2 fingers on each, pull his fucking face against my knee and see what gives in first: the lobes or their nose!

Namaste mother fucker!

Is this still hip? Classic tattoo from the 1990s. In German called Arschgeweih, translated as tramp stamp.

image.png

9 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

My opinion on tattoos:

Worst types are the fucking hipsters with their fucking hipsters tattoos.

But in general, there seem to be 2 types of people doing tattoos. Those with strong feelings attached to it and those who are in dire need of attention. Both types are overcompensating something.

I have a very negative view on tattooed people because that overcompensation is usually hiding something I don't want in my personal or professional life.

So I don't think they are in general stupid. They can be smart people who are either having strong emotional issues or smart people who are in need of sex, so they think tattoos will make them more "rad".

Still, much better than those fucking hipster earlob holes! When I see those idiots with the giant earlobes, trying to be "bad" and "rad", I just have the urge to put 2 fingers on each, pull his fucking face against my knee and see what gives in first: the lobes or their nose!

Namaste mother fucker!

Interesting opinion.  I don't see how having a strong feeling towards a tattoo makes one over-compensate for something.  I respect that you have a negative view of tattoos, but to have it directed at the tattooed people and to add that they are over-compensating is a bit close minded.

Tattoos gained popularity (to a degree) during the 20th Century as a rebelious symbol in western societies.  Think Hell's Angels.  I'm no psychologist, but over-compensating for what exactly?

My tattoos are all family, history and a personal belief.  My mother's father had a ranch in Mexico and he used a particular cattle brand in the 1920s and 1930s.  My father used the same brand in Texas on his ranch.  I don't have a ranch.  In 1980 I had the brand tattooed on my left deltoid. What is that over-compensating for?  I am proud to have it, see it every day and it is a nice reminder of my mother's side of the family.

I don't read horoscopes.  I simply don't.  A number of years ago a mate introduced me to the chinese horoscope.  Skeptical though, I read about the dragon (my year) along with the others (dog, snake, rabbit, etc).  The dragon really seemed closest to me.  I was rather impressed, TBH.  I then read that each animal has an attached element - fire, wood, earth, etc.  Again skeptical, I read those and compared.  Without knowing, the wood element of the dragon described me rather well.  Since then, I have embraced that symbol.  Not overly so, it is personal.  A friend of mine is a tattoo artist as well as an artist of paintings.  She does some amasing work.  She had sketched a dragon holding a log in it's talons.  She then transposed this into a tattoo on my right upper arm and is absolutely beautiful.

I have beautiful pieces or art on my arms, shoulders and back.  All are unique.  Nothing trendy or copied from others.  I see them daily, and proud to have them and they are personal.  I careless if someone sees them or not.  I have paintings in my home and feel the same.  These are merely works of art that I carry with me daily.

I am educated, have no mental issues, don't do drugs, very healthy, don't own a motorcycle, have two healthy and educated daughters, have money in the bank, my own business, a strong family history, well respected by the locals, a good circle of reliable friends, a wonderful old VW bus...  no love in my life at present, but no matter as I am very content in my life.

So, to my original question to your comment:  what am I over-compensating for?   An average sized penis? :lol:  A receeding hair line? :lol::lol:

12 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

I just have the urge to put 2 fingers on each, pull his fucking face against my knee and see what gives in first: the lobes or their nose!

forgive me but this does not sound well-adjusted at all.

what the hell do you care what people do to their earlobes?  Let alone, what about that inspires you to violence?

ffs that's really messed up.  Overcompensating?  Do you know what the word "projection" means?

13 hours ago, Wherearewegoingto said:

I definitely know that the colours do infiltrate the closest lymph nodes.

yessss - some people have been misdiagnosed with cancer because some inks male the lymph nodes "light up" under scan.

13 hours ago, Wherearewegoingto said:

its sort of russian roulette which powder will be used to produce the ink.

yesssssssssss - precisely why I have ruled out laser removal (at one time I was thinking of having a couple "removed" enough to put something new over them).  I think it's safer to just leave them be as opposed to releasing all that unknown stuff further into the system. 

My first reaction when seeing someone with large tattoos that are mostly black is that they were in a traffic accident.  On the other hand, I have also seen some really beautiful ones that were done to cover the scars of cancer patients.  I don't judge but I do wonder when I see really bad tattoos why they didn't wait until they could afford to go to a better artist.  I don't put crappy paintings on my walls and surely wouldn't want crappy art on my body. 

BTW, I saw an article somewhere that had pictures of old saggy people with tattoos.  Just like young people, the good tattoos still looked good and the bad ones still looked bad.  

Everytime @MikeMelga posts something, I have to brace myself before reading - which I then do with perverse pleasure. Oh wait, I have tattoos so I must be unbalanced. What a sad and limited view of the world.