Are people with tattoos stupid?

243 posts in this topic

By stupid I don't mean that your not nice, friendly fun to be around just that you have a low IQ or aren't' smart enough to have a white collar job. I mention that because the latest rage in tattooing is neck face and if your a girl arm tattooing. I figure that anyone getting a tattoo that can't be covered by clothing must not be smart enough to get into University and have a carrier. Any company that my wife has worked at (and being a consultant its plenty) you wouldn't get past the front door with a tattoo that wasn't covered. But then on the other hand if your only ambition in life is to be an extension of a machine than having tattoos can be a big help. If you a girl, not a problem, stay at home mom, you don't need a PDH to raise kids. If you a guy than obviously your choices are limited to jobs that require only a strong back ( strong back weak mind as they used to say).

mentioned this becuase I saw a girl the other day with a beautiful tattoo running down the full length of her arm. She was very pretty, a real pleasure to look at. Her tattoo in particular against her white skin really stood out. Very hip. Only problem is she doesn't realize that its going to look really lower class in a few years when she's married with 3 kids and weights 17 stone. My sister in law is good example of that her tattoos looked really good on her before she got married, now with 4 kids and 5 stone of extra weight it looks terrible. Thankfully she doesn't bare her midriff much any more. So I don't' have to look at them.

I'm sure that there are lots of TTers out there that like or have tattoos, but does a tattoo really look good on an overwieght middle aged women. Well I suppose if does if your a biker chick.

I think each to their own. I have a tatoo but it is really little - a Chinese symbol just above my hip that looked quite fine when I was nine months preganant so dont think it will look bad when I put on 30 kilos again. Would I have one done today? Suppose not but I cant say mine bothers me at all - noone sees it.

I don't think is a matter of being more or less intelligent. It's more a matter of a lack of vision for what a tattoo will do with your image in the future. It may not be a rule, but as THM says if someone goes to a firm looking for a high-rank job and has a big tattoo visible his/her chances of getting the job are immediately diminished no matter his/her preparation and capabilities. In the corporate world image is very important.

That's why you put your tattoo on your ass or some other part of your body you don't normally have hanging out. That way, when it still looks alright, you only let those people see it who you want to see it. And if it looks bad later it doesn't matter. Duh.

I'm sure that there are lots of TTers out there that like or have tattoos, but does a tattoo really look good on an overwieght middle aged women. Well I suppose if does if your a biker chick.

Nothing looks worse than an old overweight man with a see through speedo with balls dragging on the ground and green tatoos of naked women all over his arms and back!

I think someone who has a tattoo like that could probably give a fuck what anyone else thinks about it. There's a big difference, I think, between some college girl who gets a tattoo of a dolphin or some other ridiculously stupid thing on her tummy, and someone who gets half their body surface tattooed.

to me the main problem is that they are permanent, of course what teenager thinks beyond the moment.

Long time ago a saw an article about full body Japanese tattoos, unbelievable work of art. Interesting thing was it went from the neckline to the wrist, so wearing a suit covered it up completely.

but does a tattoo really look good on an overwieght middle aged women.

What about overweight men, middle aged or otherwise?

Edit: Didn't see your post before, meyermunich, thank you for adding those picturesque details!

I'm betting that most highly intelligent people don't work in offices or for corporations. Only drones can bare to do that their entire lives

Oh swap one stereotype for another.

There wouldn't be any corporations without such people.

Most highly intelligent people need an office due to their lack of common sense - it's not safe on the streets you know.

PS I'm not convinced on tattoos but I don't even have pierced ears - they are for other people.

Tattoos are to skin as punctuation is to text, sometimes a little mark in the right place can make a big difference.

Oh swap one stereotype for another.

There wouldn't be any corporations without such people.

Sorry, my comment was made tongue in cheek, I'll edit it to make it clearer.

I do work in an office after all. ;)

I have avoided getting a tattoo after seeing all of the old people in FL with tattoos... Not only do tattoos fade but when you get old your skin starts to sag... so then you have a tattoo that is not only faded but sagging... I have enough stuff to maintain without adding tattoo recolouring :)

I saw a woman yesterday with a beautiful tattoo on her upper arm and I don't think it will go out of style although it will fade and get saggy... she is going to have to keep getting it injected with ink to keep it looking beautiful :(

I don't think tattoos are a sign of stuipidity - just an attempt at anti-establishment behaviour, like kids smoking, or having purple hair etc. Unlike smoking it is harmless, but would not be my choice.

I figure that anyone getting a tattoo that can't be covered by clothing must not be smart enough to get into University and have a carrier.

Oops! Like a Royal Navy Rear-Admiral? :unsure: