Friday beer garden

6,907 posts in this topic

If the gates are closed I'll go inside and get a table or two there.

Mate, if you are still talking about around 6pm I really think you are being overly optimistic. The posts being made don't really reflect an understanding of how big this thing is. For your sake I hope I'm wrong.

Take the Muffathalle beer garden for the last German game. I arrived two hours before kick-off and the place was full. We were absolutely blessed to walk in just as one table half-cleared and grabbed some space. If you don't have a reservation somewhere I'd strongly suggest you go now.

There aren't really any tables in the Hofbraukeller that are away from the football either. We were sitting way at the back and still had a semi-decent view of the screen. Also, Sausalitos at the back have a screen that is showing it as well.

I can add that nockherberg (spelling?) is already quite full, people from me office are there and just sent in an sms saying the place is packed!

If the gates are closed I'll go inside and get a table or two there. If they are open I'll try to get some space away from the football so anyone can join me afterwards. (To celebrate or whatever!)

Mate, if you are still talking about around 6pm I really think you are being overly optimistic.

ian is very determined keydeck. if they want to do a beer meet-up tdoay @ that pub, then we should wish them luck.

my suggestion, go to football free zone. even if you went to hofbraukeller now, no one will let you, one person, reserve a large table or two. not today, not now. we had a hard time keeping our table free last weekend at chinese tower!

Even if we have to cross the road to Cafe Wienerplatz/Haidhausen, I'm sure we'll find some beer.

@planetmoni: I've heard they've put up a screen and so it's not football-free anymore.

Apparently they saw the error of their ways.

As far as I know it has a screen outside but nothing inside. We noticed that last week.

Does anybody actually like Löwenbräu - it´s the worst beer I´ve ever tasted in Germany!

*Waits for mails to come raining down*

Why yes I do...quite a bit. But then again I like cold beer and Corona too, so apparently I am complete beer trash.

Oh and to top it off, I hate Augustiner Beer...has a horrible after-taste and I always get a headache.

Now my GERMAN husband also agrees with all of the above...except for the beer trash part.

I can add that nockherberg (spelling?) is already quite full, people from me office are there and just sent in an sms saying the place is packed!

A couple of us are meeting at Paulaner am Nockherberg at 4:50pm, by the fountain. Huge beergarden + huge beerhall, both with cinemascope screens.

G'luck with that ;)

A bit late, but when was that screen in the Hirschau put up?!

Was there for the very exiting England Paraguay match; maybe they realised after that that the screen was a must?! :P

@ CS

Where did you end up finally as a matter of interest? Did you see the match?

Anyone want to join us in a beergarden this Friday?

Oh I see both Darkknight and Tequila and Tracht have beaten me to it!

Ah well, if you cant beat 'em...

So, this Friday (7th) from 5.30-6pm. (Or earlier for Darkknight and later for Tracht and whassname.) Come along for a cool beer and a chat.

Ian

0172 8227752

PS. there is a regular email list for Munich beergarden addicts that anyone can sign up to.

send a blank email to: fridaybeergarden-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

(Unsubscribing is just as easy)

well since DK and T&T have merged why don't you just merge into them?