Air conditioning is unheard of in Munich

152 posts in this topic

actually, i bet sticking your undergarments in the freezer would be a nice treat. clean ones obviously.

actually, i bet sticking your undergarments in the freezer would be a nice treat. clean ones obviously.

A guy stuck his jeans in the freezer in a tv ad for Levi's in the 90's (with the German model Tatjana Oberitz [?]). Wayside diner in the middle of nowhere in the Southwest, sweat flowing in streams, and this guy puts the cold pants on. Great ad.

You know, its taken about 2 years but now im very used to not having any AC. I actually become really ill with it in places that have it blasting as I am not used to it anymore.. as well, you can actually lose a lot of weight in this weather as the heat makes one less hungry and its like sitting in a permanent sauna (always think on the bright side...)

For desperate fixes, at Saturn at the Karlsplatz/Stacchus you can find a free standing AC for 500 euros , or at least at Argos in the UK, they sell a free standing fan that also holds Ice and Water, when the fan blows the ice water, it creates a breeze as cool as the more expensive air conditioner. It provides 8 hrs of cool and costs about 99£ .. I am sure it is possible to find in Munich as well...

I am sure there are other solutions available...

It is great that I can take my laptop and go sit in a 4°C room anytime I want at work. My lab also has AC, but my buro doesn't. I think that I will bring my desk fan with me tomorrow for the summer again.

as well, you can actually lose a lot of weight in this weather as the heat makes one less hungry and its like sitting in a permanent sauna (always think on the bright side...)

I think it's not as much being less hungry as being too hot, thus too lazy to stand up and fix yourself a snack.

*imagines getting into the guy's cold pants*

and the disappointment when the pants were so cold his baws are like half walnuts!

what is the big deal about the A/C? When i was working in the UK, i worked in several offices, i cannot remember the air condition making a big difference. the offices were still hot and we couldn't open a window.

the "heat" wave don't last for too long in munich.

for those who have worked in spain or italy... do the offices all have air con there? i wonder.

hey, who changed the title of my thread??? i thought "where's the a/c??" was pretty catchy. i feel so violated!

It happens all the time and has to do with clarity and searchability (I like that word, is it real?).

for those who have worked in spain or italy... do the offices all have air con there? i wonder.

I don´t know in Italy, but A/C in Spain is a must. All the places where I have worked had it (Madrid and South; Maybe the North is different since it is not that hot).

You're all blasphemers! This weather is a rare treat!

Stop complaining or you'll make the weather turn crap again.

Amen Sister!