Air conditioning is unheard of in Munich

152 posts in this topic

As 'Investors in People' my company recognises the need for employees to adapt and dress accordingly in the hot ambient office environment. Since the heatwave began each employee has been issued with a skimpy thong adorned of their respective nation's World Cup colours. Mine is chafeing somewhat but it is nice and cool.

Roll on Friday - dress down day!

aw, this is nothing. just drink some water and open the window (unless you work with germans, right ham?). you'll be fine.

Only if you brush your teeth first Wee Mun.

You can smell through your ears?

And of course I would :)

I brought back a shitload of the Original Source Tea tree and mint shower gel and shampoo, it is great, you feel cold all over with this stuff. Means taking a bath in this heat is a pleasure not a chore

The advantage of the home office - working topless. Especially as a girl.

Am I under surveillance? :ph34r:

Haven't mastered that talent just yet, but mentioned it just in case your aim isn't so precise. ;)

I brought back a shitload of the Original Source Tea tree and mint shower gel and shampoo, it is great, you feel cold all over with this stuff. Means taking a bath in this heat is a pleasure not a chore

That sounds great right now.

A/C is the most unerviromentaly friendly waste of energy ever. wear shorts man. i do. in fact they should shoot anybody who designs a building which requires it. plenty of "third world" architecture has been built for hotter climates which did hot requiure it. *takes of oko hat and sits down*

It is, I have been getting in from work, soaking for an hourt in a cool bath with this stuff then feel all cold and tingly for the rest of the evening :)

A/C is the most unerviromentaly friendly waste of energy ever. wear shorts man. i do. in fact they should shoot anybody who designs a building which requires it. plenty of "third world" architecture has been built for hotter climates which did hot requiure it. *takes of oko hat and sits down*

Good Point Gideon

shorts not acceptable at my place of work for contractors sadly :( some of the permies get away with it but it falls under the general rule of us and them regulations :angry:

right, i'm an evil doer so i might as well add ac lover to my list of transgressions. anyone know if cinema has ac?

i can breath through mine.

shorts not acceptable at my place of work for contractors sadly

wear a skirt then.

shorts not acceptable at my place of work for contractors sadly some of the permies get away with it but it falls under the general rule of us and them regulations

that sucks. i've been wearing mine for the last week. not sports shorts obviously. i guess looking like john mills in ice cool in alex isnt considered a viable icon here.

shorts not acceptable at my place of work for contractors sadly some of the permies get away with it but it falls under the general rule of us and them regulations

I was thinking about that this morning, but went with jeans, as I have not seen anyone else wearing shorts.

okay, SHORTS ARE NOT GOING TO DO THE TRICK. it is HOT!!! sorry to yell, but i literally feel like i might puke. and following your logic, do you suggest that we don't really need heat in the winter... just put on a coat?? no, i don't think so. sorry, but this heat is making me cranky, and you tree huggers are pissing me off. also, is it just me, or does the image of a grown man soaking in a tub give anyone else the heebie jeebies? it's probably just a cultural thing... we americans are programmed to take showers.

Always incorporates ceiling fans.

We've installed these in our house...best thing we ever did