How long should a Brit hate Argentina?

Can we stop hating Argentina?   83 votes

1. 1. How long would it take to forgive them?

• Forever, never forgive cheats
    • Another ten years should do it
    • Twenty years is enough
    • Always loved them, don't need to forgive
    • All's fair if the ref doesn't see it

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

94 posts in this topic

Me too - Think I've forgiven them for that - but the hand of god - that might take a while!

Falklands where the first thing on my mind when i read this. And had come here to type so of the north of Ireland... but ill leave it;)

Just over a month away to the anniversary and I found this.

Interesting reading between the lines.

Covert SAS. Doof! Doof! Doof! Sort the bitch out ;)

Seriously though, I don't know why the population of said islands don't write an open letter to be published in the Argentinian press and signed by them all stating that they don't want a foreign country with a dubious human rights record interloping and controlling their lives in their home.

Seriously though, I don't know why the population of said islands don't write an open letter to be published in the English press and signed by them all stating that they don't want a foreign country with a dubious human rights record interloping and controlling their lives in their home.

I think the Irish did that in the 1930's.

I was never anything more than miffed over the football thing and it didn't last beyond the next world cup, possibly not even that long.

I know, I know this is one area where being reasonable and well-balanced is problematic and obnoxious. ;)

Isn't the Lady Presidente having some electoral challenges at present, and possibly a dodgy economy? That could be why she's rattling the cage a bit. Nothing to see here..

Argentina is right now trying to 'starve out' the Falkland Islanders by stealth, making it near impossible for supply ships to dock there, and intimidating the cruise ships that make up a large chunk of the island's economy.

This only gained fleeting coverage because one of the princes was there the other day.

Not planning any love for Argentina any time soon, in football or otherwise.

Isn't the Lady Presidente having some electoral challenges at present, and possibly a dodgy economy? That could be why she's rattling the cage a bit. Nothing to see here..

Are we talking about Britain in 1981 or Argentina now?

I think the Irish did that in the 1930's.

You think, or you know? While I believe you may agree with me that The British occupation of Ireland was a bad thing, I see little point in any letter that entered The British Press eight whole years AFTER the Anglo-Irish Treaty was signed and The Free State announced, or are you agreeing that occupation of a foreign land where the occupying force has no real history of residence bar for a small settlement eons ago is something to be allowed, even if the sole Argentinian-born Falklander is outnumbered 3000:1 and even she is British by marriage now anyway, or are you merely dragging over old wounds for pleasure, as I suspect?

Are we talking about Britain in 1981 or Argentina now?

It had crossed my mind, yes.

I don't think Argentina would take the ultimate steps Maggie did, though.