Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Non-smoking restaurants in Frankfurt

9 posts in this topic

Anyone know of any resturants in Frankfurt where they have no-smoking? Or at least one that has a non-smoking area thats not tucked away in the back near the toilets and only seats four?

Took my wife out to dinner last night,and came home absolutely stinking of fag smoke. My hair, my nice new pullover, my Jacket will have to dry cleaned as its swede and it stinks too. We got this nice table away from the usual gaggle of smokers when four young German girls sat in the table next to us. As soon as I saw them I knew it.

Of course they all lit up at exactly the same time, with their fags held in that girly way and the smoke wafting its way over to us. I asked them nicley to point there cancer sticks into a different direction and they just gave me a dirty look. I asked the waiter if we could move but there was no places away from smokers, and we were in the NON-SMOKING area. Of course they all lit up again right after their meal.

I told the waiter that wasn't having a non-smoking area in a resturant this size a bit like having a no-pissing area in a swimming pool. That went right over his head though. :lol:

Problem was I don't think I'd noticed it so much before until after my recent trip to the USA and suddenly realized what a relief it was to eat my food in a non-smoke enviroment, clothes still smelt nice after a night out. No rough mouth or headaches.

I have noticed it's mostly young German women aged between 20-30 that smoke... baffles me.

Anway sorry for the rant and ramble, so if anyone knows a non-smoking resturant in the Frankfurt, please please let me know.

Fraid I dont know of a no-smoking restaurant in Frankfurt - nor in the whole of Germany for that matter. There was a rather odd little indian restaurant in Sachsenhausen which was no-smoking, it only survived for a couple of years. Probably the reason why. Next to USA, India is excellent for no-smoking restaurants, at least it was in the regions I visited (south). And they give you fresh mint flavoured budgie seed to munch on after the meal as well!

As regards young german women smoking, I've noticed it too. A young lass with a fag hanging out of her mouth, don't they reaslise how unattractive it makes them look?

My top Italian spot in Frankfurt is VAPIANO - it's just for you, with a huge non-smoking area, funky modern decor and a cool self-serve concept! Two Canadian thumbs up!!

VAPIANO... thanks Willy, will have to check that out sometime. We almost never eat out anywhere just lately because of this.

My American wife cant wait to leave Germany and it would be good to give her at least one good lasting impression. :unsure:

We go to Vapiano a lot too. Usually on a Saturday lunchtime. We're the ones with the shocking-pink pram. Do say hello.

Now they have children's chairs that reach the high tables it's much better. Before we had to sit up front in the coffee area with the smokers. FYI: had a blazing row on New Years Eve with a group of smokers and then the management. It was shortly after that that they got the high chairs.

There was a rather odd little Indian restaurant in Sachsenhausen which was no-smoking, it only survived for a couple of years

Was that the Bismellah restaurant on the Darmstädter Landstraße? That was still open when we were students here about 4-5 years ago, used to be equivalent of like 5 EUR for a massive meal and great milkshakes.

I must admit to smoking occasionally when I go out on a night out, however when it comes to restaurants etc. I cannot stand eating my meal in a smoky environment. I've not been here long but I haven't found anywhere yet with a non-smoking restaurant unfortunately.

Yes that was it! Bismellah. Sounds like a terrorist group - maybe the restaurant was just a front. :lol:

I only went there a few times, funny little place. Used to have separate menus for each day of the week. Food seemed ok though and I like their attempted Jihad against smokers!

Hi there everyone,

there's now a yahoo group for those of you who would like to see more non-smoking sections in frankfurt restaurants: groups.yahoo.com/group/ffmnonsmokers

If this is something you support, please take a few minutes to register as a group member.

We are not an anti-smoking lobby, and smokers are welcome to join the group!

Have a nice day!

Nicole xx