English-speakers living in Celle, Lower Saxony

54 posts in this topic

Man, I just looked up Celle on immoscout, and its super freaking cheap there. You can get a beautiful 6 room (so probably 4 bedroom) house for the same amount I pay for my 2 bedroom apartment in Munich (€1050 warm a month). Celle looks like a pretty town too.

My first time to Germany was to Celle on 'business' back in 2000 or 2001. Very pretty town and would love to revisit sometime. There's obviously thousands of English speakers there due to the British Army barracks though I'm pretty sure none frequent this site. Enjoy!

I also live on the outskirts of Celle. Yes, there are loads of Army personal to be found in Celle, but they pretty much keep to themselves.

Does Al's chippy still exist? cant remember if its in Celle or Bergen

Its in Bergen and yes still there feeding the thousands of squaddies and their families. :D Not been to sample his whares yet but only been here a couple of months since moving from Bonn

Man, I just looked up Celle on immoscout, and its super freaking cheap there. You can get a beautiful 6 room (so probably 4 bedroom) house for the same amount I pay for my 2 bedroom apartment in Munich (€1050 warm a month)..

To give an example I rent a flat in Offen just south of Bergen living room, 4 bedrooms and 2 multi-purpose rooms, bathroom and kitchen for 540€ warm :D cant complain at all. OK it is a village but only 3km from Bergen so no real problem, if you want a really cheap flat look outside the towns a little. Also a good mix of German and British due to the hangers on'ers from the Army.

Yes, property is certainly cheaper than Munich. I recently bought a 3 room flat (73m²) for €60K in Neuenhäusen in Celle. Officially it is mine, but really it belongs to the bank.

Celle is a nice town, I have lived here for nearly 20 years. There are quite a few, who like me, met and married local girls during their stay here with the forces, but there isn't really an organised Stammtisch.

Its in Bergen and yes still there feeding the thousands of squaddies and their families. Not been to sample his whares yet but only been here a couple of months since moving from Bonn

To give an example I rent a flat in Offen just south of Bergen living room, 4 bedrooms and 2 multi-purpose rooms, bathroom and kitchen for 540€ warm cant complain at all. OK it is a village but only 3km from Bergen so no real problem, if you want a really cheap flat look outside the towns a little. Also a good mix of German and British due to the hangers on'ers from the Army.

We have a 4 bedroom House in Ovelgönne with 120m² living space, 60m² of Celler and 1000m² of Garden for a Mounthly Morgage of 670€ and we are only 10mins away from Celle and 20mins from Hannover (house is for sale if anyones interested)

Andrew

Hi,

I'm new to Celle and am wondering if there are any English speakers meet ups / groups in the area?

seb217

An Anglo-German group in Bergen meets the third Friday of every month at Speaker's Corner, Cellerstr. 43, start 7.30 pm.

Moggy

Hello HvdTann,

Welcome to the Lüneburger Heide. I hope you have a good time in Winsen.

Moggy

Just came by to say hi. I live close to Celle/Hannover and would like to meet English speakers around this area.

hi there im fairly near celle myself,

im in bad fallingbostel with the army,ther are lots of english speakers around here and celle way but most of the arm in the army and tend to stay to the towns they are based and not travel around,pretty boring i think.we try to get away and see new place,very true about ikea though full of english people in there on a saturday.

Hi im new to this site and definitely new to Germany Im currently living and working in Celle as a Nanny. I can honestly say theres a fair lot of english speaker here as The army has a strong influence with in this area and surrounding areas so never short of British people to talk or bump into. I would say travelling into Hannover will definiely give u more opportunities to experience some British English culture if u take a trip to one on the many Irish and British Pubs scattered all over.