Renting a car parking space / parkplatz

26 posts in this topic

Hello

Our apartment doesn't have a parkplatz and I have decided that I will start looking for one now before we get a car!

I imagine most people rent them from people who were provided with one, however don't need them?

Should I advertise for one, stick up a notice in the neighbourhood on electric poles, look in certain Zeitungs etc? I searched for this topic but didn't come up with anything, sorry if I've missed it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Renia

stick up a notice in the neighbourhood on electric poles

It certainly wouldn't do any harm, I've seen a lot of similar notices around my neighbourhood (not too far from yours, incidentally).

Perhaps you should just wait for the rain to stop so the notice doesn't get soggy! :D

Our landlord has some special deal going on with a Tiefgarage around the corner. So even, if there's nothing in the actual building they might have something closeby.

Hope you realise haw much this will cost? Parking in and around MUC is expensive :(

You must be prepared to pay 100 Euro per month. Very unlikely to find something for less.

Yes, I understand it will cost money, but it is price I am prepared to pay. With 2 and potentially 3 children I would prefer not to be driving all around the streets. Thats a luxury I am happy to pay for :-)

I think you'll be able to get one for around 50 euros, as long as you are not right in the centre. I always see posters up in Schwabing trying to rent them for around 50 or 60 euros a month.

There is a spot available in my Tiefgarage, notices were posted all over the building... most likely not very convienient for you though ;)

Has anyone recently rented a parkplatz in Schwabing (esp near Barerstrasse). I keep hearing varying reports about how much it would cost. The only one I've seen advertised was for 150euros for a doppelgarage space. Is this about the going rate?

Does, anybody know anything about the going rate for parking in Schwabing? (see above post). I've seen an apartment I really like but I don't want to risk moving there only to discover that parking is too expensive.

Wizadora

I always see posters up in Schwabing trying to rent them for around 50 or 60 euros a month.

Does this answer your question?

I'm just not sure about the area, that could be for another part of Schwabing. Schwabing is pretty big and the I'm looking somewhere really central. The only poster I saw for streets around where I was looking was for 150euros...Just wondering if anyone actually rents a garage in this area for less.

I'd guess central Schwabing is going to be EUR 100 a month right now.

I wouldn't enter into a really long contract.

By the end of 2007 just about ALL of Munich inside the Mittlerer Ring you are going to have to pay a meter for on street parking. The exception being if you have a local permit for about EUR 30 a year. According to the SZ the other week, expereince shows that when this policy is implemented people stop using the car as much to travel to other areas and the availability of on-street parking for local residents will rise. To the point perhaps that you don't need a garage space.

Just asked my landlord if i can have a tiefgarage platz and he said 67 yoyos :o

I had an idea of around 45 in my mind or am i way out of touch ? :huh:

You live in a licenced area, bluedave honey. Try around my place, it's €45 for the top level of a duplex.

Its well worth the money... A cool car in the sunny moths, No frosty windscreens in the winter and you always get to park in the same part of town!

G

I paid €10k for my tiefgarage space. Rentals around here, Laim/Westend seem to generally go for €45-€60 per month. I can well imagine that a good location in Schwabing could go at €100 per month.