Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

"From North" summer golf tour

21 posts in this topic

From North, the Munich society for Nordic nations and friends, is holding a series of stableford-based competitions over the summer.

The first one is on Saturday June 3rd at Eschenloh golf course (part of Eschenried GC, north of Munich). The cost will be 55euro for members and 60euro for non-members and includes the cost of the round, snacks and drinks after the 9th hole, a contribution for the prizes on the day and for the main prizes to be awarded at the end of the summer.

If you would like to play please check the home page for further details on how to register.

If you have any questions plese feel free to contact me.

FORE!

Finally the golf season has started! Sounds like fun! I´ll definitely sign up!

btw, is a flight ticket first prize this time as well? ;-)

Looking forward to it! Anyone up for practicing a few holes before the tournament?

gah, the golf course is called Eschenhof, not Eschenloh, oops, sorry.

carpediem, we'll see what we can get out of our sponsors for prizes this time!

ah, cool! have played this course a few times before - is a nice round! Actually perfect for the beginning of the season :)

Ok it looks like i am going to attend this because of the average sized swedish women that will be participating.

good on you, topcat_1! Went to hit some golfballs on saturday, and it felt good, so I´ll now definitely compete on the 3rd! Anyone else up for it?

last chance to sign up for our first golf day this summer on saturday. we've got 4 places left if anyone wants to join and the weather does look like being better at the weekend!

I'd like to get in, assuming I can rent clubs at the courses... I won't be able to play until late June (off to the World Cup for two weeks) but please keep me posted regarding future tournaments.

Andrew

the second FROM NORTH summer golf tour Trophy event is scheduled for sunday 2nd july, hopefully at gruenbach, near erding. first tee off will be 10am but still to be confirmed. (final details will be confirmed tomorrow, 15th june)

if you are interested in playing with a good fun, young mixed bunch, then PM me for further details.

oh, and PS this is a 'real' course, so bring the weapons lads and lasses! ;)

the second FROM NORTH Summer Golf Tour Trophy event is confirmed for sunday 2nd july at gruenbach golf club, near erding. we have reserved 4 tee-times from 11am and the price will be 60eu for members, 65 for non-members, which includes the green fee; half-way food and refreshment; plus the prize fund.

if you are interested in playing with a good fun, mixed bunch, then please PM me for further details and to register. we sold out at the first event, so try to register early to guarantee a place.

we have a further 2 places available on a first come, first served basis, as i just reserved another tee-time. please pm or email me asap if you are interested, as they are going fast!

ok, the second event is now full unless i get a lot of PMs in the next few hours, in which case i'll try and book another tee-time.

the third event of the From North summer golf tour will take place on saturday 26th august at aschheim golf course.

we had 20 players at the second event and some pretty good scores (sadly, mine not included) but the sun shone on us again and a good day was had by all.

if you'd like to sign up for this event, send me a PM or go to the From North website for further information.

Any questions, please feel free to contact me.

there are still places available for the event this saturday, so if you'd like to join us, please send me a PM. the cost for the day is 60euros for members and 65 for non-members. this includes greenfee, a snack lunch at half way and the prize fund.

please note that registration is binding due to the arrangement that we have with the golf club.

How decent a golfer do you have to be? And what sort of scores were winning the prizes last time? Also, do you need to have your own clubs? Sounds interesting but I'm no Tiger.

you'll probably need your own clubs as i don't know if the golf club hires them.

as it's a scandinavian society, we have lots of pretty good swedes (handicaps of 12 and under), but we also have plenty of people with handicaps in the 20s and low thirties.

we play a stableford scoring competition, therfore based on your handicap. the last event was won by a guy off 34 who scored 40 points (therefore played to 30) and second place went to an 11 handicapper who played to 7, so it's mixed!

however, most of us are out there for a bit of fun and if we play good golf, even better!

there are 3 places left for the event on saturday, so it's first come, first served. if you would like to play, please PM or email me.

ok, it's the last event of the FROM NORTH Summer Golf Tour Trophy on Sunday 10th September at Olching Golf Club, just west of Munich.

Tee times start at 9.30am and we have 20 places reserved. If you'd like to join us, then please PM me. The cost is 60euros for members and 65 for non-members including the usual - greenfee, halfway snack and drink and prize fund.

there will be prizes for the day's results and also the end of season prize giving ceremony for the best average scores over the 4 competitions.

this may be the last event of the Summer Tour but we still have the annual Golf Cup to come, which will take place on Sunday 16th October at a club to be confirmed. So keep your eyes out for details or PM/email me to be added to the mailing list.