Easyjet and Ryanair low-cost airlines

154 posts in this topic

easyjet and ryanair... anyone used it before? is it reliable?

thanks before.. =)

c

Low cost and they will get you there and usually on time but not always. So if it was for an important appointment I would use someone a little more reliable

i flew ryanair (FRA-Hahn to Glasgow) & it was as organized as one would expect. bad thing though, i didn't get to sit next to me traveling partner cause they don't reserve seats. it's a free-for-all to get in the plane.

but watch out. you go over the 10kg baggage limit on the return, even by 100 g, they will charge you a pretty penny.

If you are flying in to London Stansted, just remember you are actually flying into Cambridge more or less. It is bloody miles away. Also add around 30 quid onto your journey for additional travel costs associated with arriving at an airport miles away from anywhere

@citra

Used Easyet 6-8 times... No problems at all and all my luggage arrived as well... In fact I have had better flights with Easyjet then some of the flights I have taken with Lufthansa.

Oh ... Glad you didn't use the search function... otherwise I wouldn't have gotten a dig in at Lufthansa... ;)

i flew ryanair (FRA-Hahn to Glasgow) & it was as organized as one would expect. bad thing though, i didn't get to sit next to me traveling partner cause they don't reserve seats. it's a free-for-all to get in the plane.

The embarrassing scramble for identical seats is probably the biggest thing that puts me off flying with budget airlines. That's not the fault of the airlines (there's no particular reason why one needs a specific seat reserved); it's just the sheep mentality that messes up the plan.

The other disadvantages of budget airlines, beyond those already mentioned here, are fewer flights to choose from, generally less convenient times and a lack of backup for when things go wrong. If a plane is faulty or can't land because of bad weather, budget airlines have fewer possibilities to get you to your destination than the traditional airlines.

Advantages include the ability to buy singles (this is revolutionary and fantastic), the fact that the provincial airports are sometimes more convenient (Frankfurt Hahn for the Eiffel and Friedrichshafen for Bodensee, for example), plus of course the lower prices. But the latter comes with a big caveat: traditional airlines have responded to the low-cost revolution by slashing their prices, and now often work out much better value. Always compare prices; don't assume that a budget airline is the cheapest.

You asked about both Ryanair and Easyjet, but these two airlines are very different. Easyjet, for example, usually do fly to a city's main airport; the Stansted routes in London are a relic of BA's former budget airline, Go!, which Easyjet bought up some years ago. Ryanair, on the other hand, always use out-of-the-way airports. There are now countless dozens of budget airlines so it's difficult to generalise, especially as the traditional airlines are making their short-haul flights more and more budget-like.

i flew 4 easyjet flights last week, all planes were new, staff was friendly, all flights were on time or even early...

I only ever had one problem with Easyjet which was when they cancelled my return flight. I was warned a couple of weeks beforehand so could make arrangements to extend my stay, but it cost me an extra day of car hire.

Otherwise I like them and usually look to them first.

Flying into that area is quite good for me too as I always drive on further North.

If only Easyjet would fly into Yorkshire and save me more time!

fley easyjet last month munich to standstead. Was delayed 4 hours without so much as a reason. Passengers (mainly german) started kicking up in the airport demanding food vouchers etc. etc. got 4.60 yo yos enough for a weisen and pretzal. cheers.

What was scary though is that nobody new anything accept there was one flight later that evening but was fully booked, shit. luckily plane arrived and i got back. Easyjet SUCKS fly quality if you got the cash its not worth the hassle .

i mean when i book easyjet, i am taking a calculated risk, it is cheap airline, i don't expect certain standards... and i am always hoping that i am lucky. ... :rolleyes:

demanding food vouchers etc. etc. got 4.60 yo yos enough for a weisen and pretzal

I never really understand this. Yes its annoying but why do people expect food vouchers etc? You get what you sign up for. You should be pleased you got 4.60 really

Because the law says that you are entitled to these things if you are denied boarding for certain length of time.

My mate and my sister have both had cancelled Ryanair flights from Salzburg. When this happens you are 100% on your own and need to get your own transport to a hotel (overnight is your cost) and back the next day etc.

Conversely when I had an aborted takeoff and overnight with BA they gave us dinner and overnight at that Munich airport hotel which is very pleasant.

So you can considered BA as flying "insured" and Ryanair "uninsured" when flights get cancelled.