Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Swearing in German, dictionary of swear words

39 posts in this topic

I have it on good authority that one should use "Depp" ... which is one of the reasons Germans often snicker at Hollywood last names.

A douchebag is always feminine, Depp is always masculine. So a douchebag is a middleaged to old female, a Depp is a male of any age with whom/whose action/talk you don't agree with. And if he makes you even more desperate you can call him Depp deppeder. (Like more Depp :) )

I have never seen anyone care. People use Depp for females and males...

So a douchebag is a middleaged to old female.

I have never, in my many years of using the term douchebag, heard it used to refer to a female.

Webster's defines "douchebag" as "a small syringe having detachable nozzles for fluid injections, used chiefly for vaginal lavage and for enemas".

Since at least an enema is gender-transparent, maybe that means the term can indeed be applied to men and women :unsure:

Lots of the swear words I know are swabian dialect like Halbdaggl, Lombaseggl, Fischköpf, Arschdaggl, usw. And general Southern ones like zefix, HerrGott*insertramblingreligiouscurses*sakrament or something along the lines.

Johnny Depp. Hey, you can see his name as a double insult, if you remember that Johnny is a word for a condom. Anyway, I find it funny that his name is in big bold marquis letters all over Switzerland, Austria and Germany. gabers--I've asked about this, but apparently Germans don't think "idiot" when they hear his name. But my brain goes there.

Random swearing question....my mum reckons "alte brunzer" (not sure of the spelling) is really bad, though she's no idea of the English equivalent. Any clues? Probably Hessisch.

Alter Brunzer = Old farter. "Brunzen" is a slang word for "to fart". However, you can call somebody "brunzdumm", or "zu dumm zum Brunzen".

Perhaps. I grew up in Swabia. Looked it up though (I love this kind of thing - I mean dialects of course :P ) and even Grimm (very entertaining, by the way) only knows the meaning connected with liquid emissions. It's origin seems to be "Brunnen". So I'd really be interested in hearing in what area "your" usage can be found.