English-speaking gynecologists in Frankfurt

78 posts in this topic

The two doctors taking over the McLean/Hagemann practice are Dr. Caius Dragan and Evelyne Bischof-Wörner. Does anyone have any first-hand experience of these doctors? Dr. McLean is a lovely doctor and I too don't fancy starting over with a new gynaecologist but as he's retiring I and lots of others don't have much choice!

Old thread revival, but thought I would share my experience. I just visited Dr Sibylle Kaßpohl and she was lovely. I had a standard check up in Australia just before I left, and the results came back after I arrived in Frankfurt stating that I needed further investigations. I was able to book an appointment with Dr Kaßpohl for the next day - both her and her receptionist speak very good English. They were both very welcoming and professional, and they had gowns available if I wanted to wear them. I was really nervous during the examinations and nearly fainted! And they were both very comforting and patient throughout the examination. They are a private practice but I highly recommend them if you are looking for a gynaecologist, they are in Sachenhausen. Given, she is the only gynaecologist I've ever seen in my life, but the experience was pleasant and not as scary as I had thought, so that has to be good!

This is her website: http://www.frauenaerzte-frankfurt.de/en/das-team/dr-med-sibylle-kasspohl-2.html

Just discovered that TK now offer an appointment service, via phone or internet. Hopefully they have success in securing an appointment with a Frauenartz, as I've found it impossible to register with one as a new patient.

All the practices I tried (six in the Frankfurt area) have declined new patients, including Frauensache, which one member listed here on Toytown. I also called www.Frankfurterfrauenaerzte.de, but it seems to be on permanent answer service.

I'll update the forum once/if I get an appointment.

Well, the TK warned it might take two working days to get back to me, and it did. However, I now have an appointment as a new patient, although the practice is 10km away and not near a station.

The moral is - don't wait until you need a Frauenartz, register with one as soon as possible in order to maximise your choices!

FYI I also tried using the Doxter.de service. Although lots of appointments are offered on-line, on discovering I was a new patient, all four practices declined me.

For any of you that have been going to Dr. McLean or Dr. Hageman, I have just heard that they are both retiring in April. There are 2 Drs. taking over the practice, so there will still be an OB-GYN there, just not these 2 guys. If you want to get a last appointment in before they leave, now is the time to do so. Am quite sad, as don't feel like starting with a new Dr. all over again.

Dr. Wolfgang Hagemann und Dr. Alistair McLean

Saalburgallee 30, 60385 Frankfurt am Main

Tel. 069 / 43 08 836

I was just there on Friday, since my main doctor recommended me there, so I saw one of the new doctors, Evelyne Bischof-Wörner. She was very friendly and spoke English (and I guess French too since she asked if I would prefer to speak in German, French, or English). The receptionist was able to schedule my appointments in English as well.

Here's the website.

Also I was pleased that it was so close to the U7 stop Eissporthalle, so it was easy enough for me to get to.

Last month, I also went to my 1st appt. since the new Drs. took over the McLean/Hageman praxis. Like Sheriseology, I chose Dr. Evelyne Bischof-Wörner. I found her to be very nice and she took her time going over my records, etc. I didn't feel rushed at all and also didn't have to wait very long in the waiting room. Happy that some good Drs. took it over, though I do miss Dr. McLean after so many years.

I just looked in to making an appointment with Dr. Evelyne Bischof-Wörner and it says her next available appointment is the 26th of March!

Also, what is a general checkup called here? Jährliche or Gynäkologische Untersuchung?

hello everyone!

I am new in Frankfurt and pregnant :) after reading all answers on Toytown regarding english speaking gynecologists in Frankfurt, I made an appointment to see dr. Bielicki. My pregnancy in very early, actually I have an appointment with him to see whether there is a heartbeet yet :)

my question...I am privately insured...does anyone know an estimate of the charges(all costs-sonogram and initial check-up) that I will have to pay on the stop after the appointment? thank you all in advance for a reply :)

hello everyone!

I am new in Frankfurt and pregnant :) after reading all answers on Toytown regarding english speaking gynecologists in Frankfurt, I made an appointment to see dr. Bielicki. My pregnancy in very early, actually I have an appointment with him to see whether there is a heartbeet yet :)

my question...I am privately insured...does anyone know an estimate of the charges(all costs-sonogram and initial check-up) that I will have to pay on the stop after the appointment? thank you all in advance for a reply :)

I saw Dr. Bielicki for months 5-9 of my pregnancy, and the bills were 70-240 EUR.  The more expensive ones were usually because there was more than one visit included on the bill.  He charges 3 EUR if you pay late, which I unfortunately did sometimes because of slow reimbursement from my insurance company.  Some of the lab tests will be billed separately, but those are around 15 EUR.  My last visit before giving birth was closer to 500 EUR for some reason, and my insurance company will only reimburse half of it.  Not sure why - still working all that out.

Good luck with your pregnancy!  I really liked Dr. Bielicki.

Hi. I'm looking for a gyno for my yearly check up. I've also tried quite a few that only take private at the moment. I have AOK insurance. 

How does this system work? If I go private can I then claim through AOK myself after?  New to German health system so not sure how it all works. 

Thanks. 

No, if they only take private patients, and you go to them (while being publicly insured), you will have to pay yourself. 

Keep looking until you find someone that takes publicly insured patients.  This page is quite handy - it's a search page set up by the Kassenärztliche Vereinigung Hessen (Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians), where you can search according to specialty, and specifying language skills.

When I searched for a gyno in Frankfurt with English skills, I got a list of 124 possible doctors.

HTH

No, if they only take private patients, and you go to them (while being publicly insured), you will have to pay yourself. 

Keep looking until you find someone that takes publicly insured patients.  This page is quite handy - it's a search page set up by the Kassenärztliche Vereinigung Hessen (Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians), where you can search according to specialty, and specifying language skills.

When I searched for a gyno in Frankfurt with English skills, I got a list of 124 possible doctors.

HTH

Thank you. I will have a look now. I will post on here when I know more. To help others who may need in future

@ NikkiT: Sorry, I forgot to specify that you'll need to search for Fachrichtung Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe - that's what Germans call a gyno (Frauenarzt - women's doctor).

Dr. Seabert 

An den Quellen 1

Wiesbaden

He and his wife work there together. He is also an Obgyn at Joho (St. Josef Hospital) in Wiesbaden. He is American.

His office is just around the corner from the big kukoo clock, off of Wilhelmstrasse across the Kurpark.

Hi,

does anyone knows about the quarterly 'Pauschale' system that the public insurance pays the OB/GYN? I'm looking for a change in OB/GYN but was caught unaware about this Pauschale system. A friend of mine helped to book an appointment for me at the clinic she usually visits but I was turned down when I arrived at the clinic. They cited that they were not able to get the 'Pauschale' for this quarter since I had already seen an OB/GYN in April. What should I do then? Should I wait two months to see another doctor (to follow up on my routine pregnancy checks)? 

Additionally, I know the last post is a lil far back - if you know of any English-speaking and good OB/GYN in Frankfurt, please give a heads up! :) 

3 minutes ago, New in DE said:

Hi,

does anyone knows about the quarterly 'Pauschale' system that the public insurance pays the OB/GYN? I'm looking for a change in OB/GYN but was caught unaware about this Pauschale system. A friend of mine helped to book an appointment for me at the clinic she usually visits but I was turned down when I arrived at the clinic. They cited that they were not able to get the 'Pauschale' for this quarter since I had already seen an OB/GYN in April. What should I do then? Should I wait two months to see another doctor (to follow up on my routine pregnancy checks)? 

Additionally, I know the last post is a lil far back - if you know of any English-speaking and good OB/GYN in Frankfurt, please give a heads up! :) 

I´d ask your health insurance for details. If you´re insured with TK they will be able to help ypi in English.

59 minutes ago, New in DE said:

does anyone knows about the quarterly 'Pauschale' system that the public insurance pays the OB/GYN?

That Pauschale has nothing to do with OB/Gyn specially, it's a general thing – every doctor gets a Pauschale / lump sum for every patients visits per quarter, regardless how many times a patient visits. That lump sum is 27,76 € (for patients between 19 and 54) according to this. In addition to this every doctor has a limit, when they take more patients, they get not a penny extra.

Those circumstances may illustrate why doctors and their helpers are interested in smooth running without too much patients that have special needs ...