English-speaking gynecologists in Frankfurt

78 posts in this topic

I was reading this thread and realised I couldn't divert from the page without first recommending my gynaecologist.

His name is Dr Michael Beck, and he has his practice on the Zeil (the Konstablerwache end!)

I found out I was pregnant on Thursday, called him, and was sitting in his office on Friday morning!

He has been nothing but helpful, his English is really good, and he put me completely at ease.

(I had been living in Germany for a week when we found out we were pregnant!)

I always look forward to my appointments with Dr Beck.

His office is so warm and inviting, and his staff are so friendly!

His wife didn't mind when I accidentally called his house either! :)

@sunshine25, I'm also due in June, and have already read the thread that outriggercanoe suggested, and I am still in two minds, as I need somewhere close to home - perhaps Nordwest Krankenhaus or somewhere in that region.

Have you any updates? :)

Hi, I am some what new to Frankfurt and this doctor Purple Muffin is talking about sounds good for me. I also need to get some birth control pills and a check up. I found the appointment website, but I don't see the Dr. Böhme on the list of doctors. I know you said it's best to schedule online rather than call, but I am not certain if there is one specific doctor to see? Any suggestions? Do they all speak English? Thanks!

Hi,

sorry for taking a while to reply. I went to Markus Krankenhaus both times and was happy each time but I am not very fussy when it comes to having children, so if your particular some other hospital might suit better. We went around and did the search, listened to all the lectures and in the end decided for Markus Krankenhaus as it was the closest. I speak fluent German so that was not a consideration, and I was lucky to have no complications at all, neither did the children, I didn't need nor want a PDA, and was in and out in under 24 hours. Some people aren't so lucky and its then I think that you really notice whether the hospital is good or not.

@cheer58011, see my above recommendation for Dr. Bielicki.

He is centrally located and really great, calm, and thorough. Just phone their office, usually one of the receptionist will speak English... his staff are all very friendly too.

Hi everyone... there are good recommendations for an OBGYN on this thread too:http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41446&st=0&gopid=2652102&#entry2652102I can also highly recommend Dr. Michael BielickiWebsite here: http://www.gynprenat.de/en/index.htm (Also in English)Location is central Frankfurt, Hauptwache.Am Salzhaus 460311 Frankfurt am MainTel.: +49 (69) 297 99 87

Now my wife said the one she had in Kronberg was very good, but he has since moved into Frankfurt. Im just trying to remember his name. Hang on... Nope. How frustrating...

... its on the tip of my tongue as well :P

Hi all, I just want to also recommend Dr Alistir Mclean as an english speaking Gynecologist in Frankfurt. He is based very close to eisporthalle.

http://www.frankfurterfrauenaerzte.de/ ,

you can book app online.

I only had to wait a little over 2 weeks which is great considering a few other practices i called were min 3 months.

I went there after reading the posts here about him so thanks to all who mentioned him and his practice.

He is so nice and all the staff are super friendly. I have had 7 pregnancies (3 miscarriages) and I have 4 kids so I've seen quite a few gynecologists over the last 10 years or so and honestly, he is by far the nicest yet.I can only HIGHLY recommend him. There is also a female Gynecologist there who also speaks english.

Hope this helps someone and thanks again to all.

I can also recommend Dr. Michael Bielicki's practice in Am Salzhaus..I see Dr Fani Geka and she is great but have also seen Dr Bielicki. I have had a complicated pregnancy and they have been very thorough. And their reception staff also speak english pretty well so it makes it a little easier.

Just wanted to give my feedback on my unfortunate experience with Dr Michael Bieliki (or lack of!).

At the recommendation of TT, I booked an appointment with Dr Bielicki's office and was pleasantly surprised that I would see Dr Bielicki himself. Until I arrived for my appointment... I was advised that because I only had public insurance, I had been "shifted" to another doctor because some private patients wanted to see Dr Bielicki. :( Way to feel second class!

I waited for over an hour in the waiting room and was eventually seen by Dr Bärbel Grünwald, who began by asking me what I was there for. I had 2 concerns and she told me that she didn't have time to discuss 2 problems because she was lumped "with all of the public patients today", so I would need to make another appointment another time. Even when I went to make the other appointment, the reception staff put me aside to deal with the private pregnant patients first. I left crying.

Even though the offices were brand new, the equipment top class and yes, I did get the test done I wanted, I was certainly not made to feel welcome here. :( Hopefully others don't go through this experience.

I can recommend a good friend of mine, Dr Anne Gausmann.She not only speaks perfect English, she's a fantastic person who really cares about her patients. She is also happy to try non-invasive and alternative therapies if you so wish, and has had years of experience with such.

Just in case this helps anyone...,I just went to see a very good Frauenarzt in Obertshausen (I'm guessing about 20 minutes from Frankfurt, easy to get to by S Bahn). Just had all the usual checks. Both female doctors speak brilliant English, only short waiting time and no insurance discrimination though I had to pay a 40€ for ultrasound check. Not too bad for peace of mind.

Dr. med. Annett Best

Ärztin, Frauenärztin (Gynäkologin)

Heusenstammer Str. 31

63179 Obertshausen

Tel.: 06104/43771

Hey Everyone,

My family and I might be moving to Frankfurt from the U.S. very soon. I am looking for recommendations on female gynecologists who speak English and are not opposed to Epidural nor elective C-Section as I am currently pregnant and most likely will have my baby in Germany. Any info would be super helpful. :)

Hello, if driving about 30minutes to the nearby city of Wiesbaden is ok, you can try the following group practice for obstetrics and gynecology: Dres. Ulrich, Vedder, Moisidis-Tesch, Elsen, more information also in English online at

www.frauenaerzte-wiesbaden.de.

Take care.

Just wanted to give my feedback on my unfortunate experience with Dr Michael Bieliki (or lack of!). At the recommendation of TT, I booked an appointment with Dr Bielicki's office and was pleasantly surprised that I would see Dr Bielicki himself. Until I arrived for my appointment... I was advised that because I only had public insurance, I had been "shifted" to another doctor because some private patients wanted to see Dr Bielicki. Way to feel second class! I waited for over an hour in the waiting room and was eventually seen by Dr Bärbel Grünwald, who began by asking me what I was there for. I had 2 concerns and she told me that she didn't have time to discuss 2 problems because she was lumped "with all of the public patients today", so I would need to make another appointment another time. Even when I went to make the other appointment, the reception staff put me aside to deal with the private pregnant patients first. I left crying. Even though the offices were brand new, the equipment top class and yes, I did get the test done I wanted, I was certainly not made to feel welcome here. Hopefully others don't go through this experience.

Sorry to hear you didn't have a positive experience there. Although I am a private patient and Dr. Bielicki and staff treated me well... my regular OBGYN and her staff didn't have any 'preferential' treatment for me as a private patient. Hopefully yours was an isolated incident.

Best of luck with your pregnancy! Enjoy!

Just an update on my previous post in this topic regarding Dr Michael Bielicki, I tried to make a subsequent appointment today, to be advised he is no longer seeing Statutory (Public) Insured patients. Private only. Just a heads-up for those contacting his offices without being privately insured.

I recently went to Dr Trautmann, she spoke excellent English and was professional but approachable. I am Privately insured, so I dont know if they take public insured patients. Also I do not know if the other doctors at the practice speak English. The forms were available in English which I appreciated, and reception staff very polite. Here is the website:

http://www.gynprenat.de/de/index.htm

I really like Dr Warlimont. She speaks great English and has always made me feel that she is taking any concerns I have very seriously. You can make appointments online, which I like.

http://www.frankfurterfrauenaerzte.de/frauenarzt-team.htm

I'm just putting this info out there in the hopes that someone might find it useful. I had a hard time finding a good gynecologist in Germany who speaks English and is a female. Believe it or not, not that many speak English, or better said, not many are willing to speak English.

I would recommend Dr. Vanessa Geis not only because of her perfect English skills, but I felt really good during my first visit to her. Although she was so busy that day, she took the time to answer all my questions and concerns. You can find out more here: http://www.frauensache-frankfurt.de/

One thing to remember is that online booking is not possible as a new patient. So do a telephone booking first. I have a public insurance in case you were wondering.

Hi

Does anyone have any experience with Dr Anita Sommer? Have gone only two times there and wasnt very much impressed.Wanted to know if i can get some reviews about the care and delivery.

Regards

Asa

Hi

I am in to my first trimester and I am worried about a good english speaking Gyn. I had my first delivery in India. Could anyone please give an idea about how the care happens here.

If there is any mother out there who is pregnant and who is also taking care of their elder toddler could you please share some tips as to how you are managing everything ?

Would be great if you can provide some inputs on good mid wife and good clinics.

Regards

Asa

For any of you that have been going to Dr. McLean or Dr. Hageman, I have just heard that they are both retiring in April. There are 2 Drs. taking over the practice, so there will still be an OB-GYN there, just not these 2 guys. If you want to get a last appointment in before they leave, now is the time to do so. Am quite sad, as don't feel like starting with a new Dr. all over again.

Dr. Wolfgang Hagemann und Dr. Alistair McLean

Saalburgallee 30, 60385 Frankfurt am Main

Tel. 069 / 43 08 836

Thanks Moondancer for letting us know. I'm also sad as I also don't want to start all over again either and particularly not an OB-GYN.