English-speaking gynecologists in Frankfurt

78 posts in this topic

I think I am falling apart... Hope someone can help... Can anyone recommend a good, English speaking, preferably female GP in Frankfurt? I also need a good gynaecologist too (again English speaking and would have to be female). Asking friends and co-workers has yielded nothing good. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Advertisement link: Dr. Sheila de Liz - American Ob/Gyn in Wiesbaden

I can recommend my gynaecologist:

Praxisgemeinchaft Schillerstr.

Schillerstr. 2

60313 Frankfurt

(0 69) 91 33 06 - 0

I have been going there ever since I came to Frankfurt but the Dr. I used to see retired last year so I now see Frau Dr. Böhme although I have only seen her once I can recommend her. Actually I have been happy with everyone I have seen there.

You can book an appointment online

www.terminland.de

Sorry I cannot help on the GP front although mine is female I think she is a complete loon and would not recommend her to anyone! If you do find someone though please let me know.

Amanda :D

Thanks for that. I have had to take today off work with this problem and although it is not an emergency, and rest will help today, it is pretty important that I go see someone soon, so I am booking an appointment with Dr Böhme for the Easter break. She is definately English speaking right? As I don't think my broken German and lots of pointing is going to help me on this one!

Oh forgot about that I am not 100% sure maybe it might be best to check. But to be honest from what my colleagues here say it is near impossible to get through a degree in medicine nowadays without being able to speak English so I am pretty sure she can even if she says the usual 'my English is very bad!'

When they asked me to describe what was wrong, I wrote it in English, so I think that if there are any problems with her English, then they will let me know thanks again for the info and link

As I don't think my broken German and lots of pointing is going to help me on this one!

No, but lots of poking might! ;)

My GP is very good but she's in Bad Vilbel. When I lived in Sachsenhausen I used to go to a bloke called Dr Mark (near to where Obi is) He was very good and spoke good English (but is obviously male, which isn't good if you specifically want a girlie Dr! ) :D

I have a great female GP here in Frankfurt. Her name is Dr. Boltz and her English is perfect as I have heard she works with the people at the American Consulate. Her number is (069) 5644000 and the address is Anzengruberstr. 18. Hope this helps!

Hi,

Can anyone please recommend me a good Gynaecologist (english speaking and preferrably male) in Frankfurt. Would be much better for me if located somewhere around Hauptbahnhof or Zeil.

Thanks

Topics merged by admin

I still stand by recommendation of 2 years ago! The only guy that I knew of there has left - I preferred a male too. But everyone there is great and I am sure they can all speak English (although maybe not the receptionists)

Schillerstr. 2

60313 Frankfurt

(0 69) 91 33 06 - 0

I have been going there ever since I came to Frankfurt but the Dr. I used to see retired last year so I now see Frau Dr. Böhme although I have only seen her once I can recommend her. Actually I have been happy with everyone I have seen there.

www.terminland.de

Sorry I cannot help on the GP front although mine is female I think she is a complete loon and would not recommend her to anyone! If you do find someone though please let me know.

Amanda

I know you asked for Frankfurt, but I'm so enthusiastic about my OB/GYN in Hanau, I'm going to plug him here. Hanau isn't far from Frankfurt anyway.

Dr. med. Rudolph Weber

Nurnberger Str. 2A

63450 Hanau

06181-251123

He and his nurse speak perfect English. His practice seems to be 50% English speaking, and altho' I once said I'd never see another male GYN, I'm glad I made this exception.

Hi there! Maybe I can help. If you´re game to come to Wiesbaden, I am a female Ob/Gyn in Wiesbaden downtown, and yes, I am american. My staff speaks English, we basically "specialize" in american and british patients ( i.e. we have gowns, american magazines, etc). My office number is 0611 374508, just say you got my number off the internet and I´ll see to it you get an appointment, if you want. I´d be glad to help.

Sheila

Awh Gowns. I knew there was something missing at my gynie. :unsure: Anyhow I think mine is fine, even without the gowns. I found her through http://arztsuchehessen.de/ (german only) and I'm still going back to her. But do I know any better?

Dr. med. Marie Christine Zuccaro

Adresse:

Holbeinstraße 74

60596 Frankfurt am Main, Sachsenhausen

Telefon: 069 - 634882

Telefax: 069 - 63153841

She speaks french and Italian too but I haven't tested her on it.

Sheila, could you confirm whether you are private only or private & kasse?

Thanks!

Rilana

Schillerstr. 2

60313 Frankfurt

(0 69) 91 33 06 - 0

www.terminland.de

Amanda

Um, the link here isn't working right for me??? Did the link change, or is it just not working right for ME???

IT worked for me just now!

Try here you can click on English to book the apointment. You'll need to select checkup. If you are self paying seems you get an appointment more quickly...

IT worked for me just now!

Try here you can click on English to book the apointment. You'll need to select checkup. If you are self paying seems you get an appointment more quickly...

ps you need to click left on 'Online Terminvergabe' and then you have the option to switch to English..

Thanks! :-) For some reason the original link didn't work for me, so I googled it and found it, so I could email them. I sent them an email with all my questions/concerns (hopefully they'll email me back in the next day or two--otherwise I'll make the bf (who's German) call for me to ask), and I'll schedule an appointment when I find out all the info I need to know (and I know I can afford it)--HOPEFULLY I'll manage to go in sometime this week or next week!

I have been going to Dr. Allister McLean since quite a few years. He is British and very professional. He was extremely patient with my teen-age daughter too. I can highly recommend him. he is in Borheim, right near the strassenbahn #12 or #14 or by the U-bahn 7, eisporthalle, or U-4 Bornheim Mitte stop

hagelean@aol.com

430-8836

Saalburgallee 30

Schillerstr. 2

60313 Frankfurt

(0 69) 91 33 06 - 0

www.terminland.de

Amanda

I ended up going to this office, and managing to get an appointment the week I needed one! I was very pleased with the doctor I saw--she was very nice, and made me feel comfortable, and she was able to speak English just fine (although she didn't know of the birth control pills I told her I'd taken before in the USA--I'm sure they're called something else in Germany.). She also didn't talk down to me or lecture me when I told her of an issue I'd had a few weeks before that another doctor had already lectured me about--so I was relieved about that. She perscribed me some birth control pills (my reason for going), and explained everything about them very clearly and detailed--she managed to answer all of my questions before I even had a chance to ask them! AND, she was nice enough to even give me 2 months of FREE birth control pills (which was VERY much appreciated, since I do not make very much money at my job)--AND she told me that when those 2 months are done that I could go back to the office to ask for more for free (that they would give them to me if they had them there, otherwise they would give me a perscription form to get it at the pharmacy). SO nice!

I WOULD, however, recommend doing the online scheduling INSTEAD of calling them! I had emailed them some questions, and replied to their answer with some more questions--which I never got another response to in time for making an appointment when I needed one. So, I called them to ask the remaining questions. When I called them they said the earliest appointment they had available was like 2 weeks from that day--which didn't work for me, unfortunately, so I would've needed to wait another week for it! But luckily I went online and searched for appointments, and I scheduled one for only 2-3 days after that current day (I emailed them after to verify that it scheduled correctly--and it did!)! I'm not sure why they said the earliest appointment was so far away--cause the website showed a lot of them available before that! The online scheduling also asks for more information (phone number, etc) than the receptionists did, so I felt more confident that nothing could go wrong with my appointment cause they could call me if they needed to (you could even make comments about your reason for visiting).