Finding an apartment in Frankfurt

164 posts in this topic

I answered this for Darmstadt the other day.  You could try Facebook groups on the topic, search on and put a request on twitter (and have mates retweet it or comment, so it gets prominence) etc.  I am not sure this was ever a market where such email requests often got answered, but not in the current red hot market for sure - direct contacts etc would be better.

I am going through this at the moment - my land lady is returning from her world travels so I need to move out of the little apartment I'm renting on Bergerstraße, and my girlfriend is looking to move from the UK out to here later in the year but wants somewhere quiet (and hopefully green), and because of work I need to be able to get to and from Kruppstraße in very early mornings and late evenings due to my work pattern.

ImmoScout seems quite useful as I can select a place (like Kruppstraße) and then pick a commuting time rather than a distance.

On 6/2/2018, 11:29:02, swimmer said:

I answered this for Darmstadt the other day.  You could try Facebook groups on the topic, search on and put a request on twitter (and have mates retweet it or comment, so it gets prominence) etc.  I am not sure this was ever a market where such email requests often got answered, but not in the current red hot market for sure - direct contacts etc would be better.

I sent two mails via Immoscout, and they were responded to via the phone and email. I was very very lucky because my German is still terrible but between my broken German and his excellent English, I got a viewing and am now just waiting for my finalised contract to be sent over (which my current Land lady has offered to go through with me)