Finding an apartment in Frankfurt

164 posts in this topic

do you have anyone who speaks German - friends or colleagues who can help you look? Most of the best deals tend to be in the papers (Frankfurter Rundschau, comes out tomorrow lunchtime with the property ads section)... the estate agents will charge you around 2 months rent + 19% VAT as their commission. The website I often look at is www.immobilienscout24.de but again that's in German.

Lights, camera, action: Welcome to Toytown. :)

Try AllGrund. Very highly though of as far as I know. Don't know the website exactly but google it and something should come up.

Dear Toytowners,

I am currently residing in Munich and would soon move to Frankfurt Am Main by end of April 2008. Would need help on websites or any kind of help in searching for an apartment or a WG!

I appreciate your help

Cheers

Babs

Topics merged by admin

Hello all!

I've recently moved to Frankfurt and I am currently looking for somewhere to rent, can anyone suggest where I should be looking to find property to rent?

I've seen a few pages on the internet, but I am told that companies can take quite a large fee for arranging contact between the owner and yourself! if possible I would love to avoid this, so I need to know the best places to look for private advertisements!

Can anyone offer any assistance?

Thanks in advance!

Topics merged by admin

Toytowners, In case someone is looking for a large 110 sq.m. really bright apartment to rent on a long term basis within Frankfurt, PM me. My flat will be available from 01.Dec.2008

Toytowners, In case someone is looking for a large 110 sq.m. really bright apartment to rent on a long term basis within Frankfurt, PM me. My flat will be available from 01.Dec.2008

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for an apartment to rent in Frankfurt starting at the beginning of December but cannot speak a single word of German.

Can anyone please let me know what to select in immobilienscout24.de in order to look for a furnished apartment? From what I could see, it looks as if there's no option to display just the furnished ones.

Thank you in advance! :)

Hi everyone,

Hmm not much luck finding a good one so I hope someone of you with German skills can help me out ;)

I'm looking for an apartment in Frankfurt with the following specs:

2 rooms (1 bedroom);

Not too far from the center, or near an underground station where I can reach the city center quickly;

Furnished;

Max monthly rent around €700;

At least more than 45 sqm;

Possibly not on the first floor and not through an agency, though my company will pay the broker's fee;

Available after the end of November.

I would really like to find something 'nice', or do you think I should spend even more to get something decent?

Thank you anyone for your help (it's such a bad feeling not to speak the language of the country I'm moving in <_< !!!)

My boyfriend wants to get an apartment in a few months (earliest he could manage is probably June/July, or sometime after), and at LATEST I will need an apartment by November (we plan to move in together, though) because the very beginning of November is the latest I will need to move out of my current place I'm living (and technically it could be earlier than that). I thought it would be a good idea to get an early start on searching, just to get an idea of price ranges and the best areas for us to look in/consider, so that when either of us CAN get an apartment (or NEED to), that it will go more smoothly/quickly!

So, my first question is if anyone knows of any good websites to search for apartments on???

My second question is what areas people would recommend searching for an apartment in? Right now, it would just be the 2 of us--two people in their early/mid 20's... We aren't super picky about something fancy--we probably won't be able to afford anything too expensive at first (it all depends on what new jobs we find before then--we are both going to be searching for new/better jobs in the next months!). But we want an area that is relatively safe, of course! And with good access to the trains, and an easy (and relatively quick) train commute into Frankfurt if it isn't IN Frankfurt.

Thanks!

Topics merged by admin

@GirlMeant2Fly,

For websites, just check the Immobilienscout24 link miwild already has provided in exactly this thread.

http://fr-online.immonet.de/ also has lots of offers.

This will give you an indication of price ranges.

However the number of offers which are provided by real estate agents is quite high.

Means if you check some newspapers for private offers (maklerfrei) you have a chance to find cheaper offers.

Regarding recommended places:

The recommendations of TTers tend to be the places with highest quality of life, but also the most expensive ones.

Some districts of Frankfurt are a bit off-the-center, therefore considerably cheaper, but still have good public transport.

Examples: Rödelheim, Höchst, Eschersheim.

As you will stay only for some months you should also have a look at Schwanheim / Goldstein.

These may be a bit more noisy as being near the airport and it will be a real problem when the new runway has been built,

but that will be some years in the future.

For suburbs just check it has a S-Bahnhof and how long you have to commute.

Hey all, my 1st post here. Hopefully y'all can help me out.

There's a strong possibility that I'm going to move to Frankfut/Main from Dusseldorf in the coming weeks. I've looked on the immobilienscout24.de site a few times, and that's where I found my current place. But I really don't want to deal with the realtor fees again. I'm very happy with the studio that I've got right now and am wondering if anyone knows any other sites where I could look for some places in Frankfurt. Or if anyone knows where I could look for places direct from the owners, or the companies who own the buildings, that'd be awesome too.

Thanks for your help, and if you need more info, I'll update this as well.

Alex

Topics merged by admin

Hello all

I've read through all the threads and just had a couple of questions - sorry if I've missed an answer somewhere...

Basically I'm moving to Frankfurt on 5/6 September but live in London - happy to fly over for a day or two to view flats. I'm looking in Bornheim, 1 bedroom (so '2 Zimmer' I guess) and 45-55 square metres, with washing machine if poss. My budget would be around EUR 800-1000 (absolute max) warm.

Now:

1. If I find things on immoscout24, is that going through an agent?

2. Has anyone used the city-residence.de website?

3. Is there any problem with renting privately? My aunt is an estate agent (in North Germany) so can look over the contract - but is there anything else I should know?

Thank you!!! :-)

Lucy

Now:

1. If I find things on immoscout24, is that going through an agent?

Not necessarily. Quite often adverts on there are from tenants looking to move out and needing to find a 'Nachmieter'

2. Has anyone used the city-residence.de website?

Yes. I would say avoid at all costs. I registered with them when I first came here (10 years ago now though) and they were not very helpful. In the end I found a flat in the paper, but since the landlord had also adverstised the flat on city residence/mietwohnzentrale they charged me the fee even though they didn't give me the information on the flat. In the end I didn't take it.

Is there any problem with renting privately? My aunt is an estate agent (in North Germany) so can look over the contract - but is there anything else I should know?

Nope there is no problem with it. I have always rented privately. Even if you go through an agent make sure you (or your Aunt) reads through the contract. But most private renters use a standard one.

BTW I live in Bornheim and there may be a 2 Zimmer flat becoming free in our building so send me a PM if you are interested.

Oh and meant to say you should be able to find something quite nice within your budget. As a guide I was paying 630€ warm for a 2 Zimmer flat including parking space in Bornheim (1 street away from where I live now), it was 50qm and had a lovely big kitchen.

I think you should be able to find something for 800€ to be honest.