Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Transporting dogs through Frankfurt Airport

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am taking my dog back to the UK from USA. Flying Luftansa to Frankfurt then on to Paris ( eurotunnel to UK) to avoid flying her in cargo hold.

I am trying to find out if there is a place I may take her outside at the Frankfurt airport between flights (grass? flower bed?) She will have been 'captive' in her carrier for 12 hours and we still have a way to go.

Would be wildly appreciative for any information.

Thank you.

Karin Marie

Hallo there...

We live in Frankfurt (Langen) and use the Frankfurt airport alot.

Good news - your dog is allowed to roam (with a lead) within the airport. Very dog friendly here.

Unfortunately, there isn't really any grassy area outside the doors of the Frankfurt airport...

Maybe my hubby will have other ideas...

Chris

Chris,

thank you for your response, happy to know she can at least escape the carrier... she will be desperate (frantic) for a place to pee...

Karin

there aren't really any out door spots where you can take Rover, you have two choices, you can walk her/him around outside untill she goes out of depesation (Teddy's done that before when I've takend to long to get to grass) or else catch a taxi to Kelsterbach (about 5 mins aways) and find a green patch there. Unfortunatly there aren't many options.

If you were flying through Munich you would have plenty of green areas.

Another option - get an SBahn towards town, get out at Stadion (about 4 mins by train) and there you will have a great big forest to roam in.

Depends on how much time you have between flights

thank you...depending on layover a five minute taxi ride would work...is this a park? i agree with your thoughts on munich...very fond memories..

thank you for taking the time to reply...very much appreciated.

karin