Recommendations for sending Mothers Day flowers

22 posts in this topic

I always send mother-in-law flowers but this year decided to send chocolates. I ordered some Thorntons Continental chocs yesterday, will be delivered friday. http:// www.Thorntons.co.uk

can we please hide this thread in case my mum has got wind of the board? I always use the excuse that I don't know when it is.

Well, call me a sopp, or whatever you like, but i'll be flitting back to blighty to see the old girl - bless her - this weekend and hand delivering my flowers :) . Not sure i'll be doing it every year mind !!! It's also out of guilt at not seeing the folks since xmas... Still, she seems to be excited about it, so that's what counts !!!

Well, call me a sopp, or whatever you like, but i'll be flitting back to blighty to see the old girl - bless her - this weekend and hand delivering my flowers

Ahhhh bless... what a perfect Mummy's boy you are No10. My mother would probably trade me for you like a shot!

After 5 years in Germany "forgetting" about UK Mother's Day, my old man (probably acting on the orders of my mother) pointed out that there were websites you could register with to get a reminder email before such events.

So rather than suffer the wrath of Torquemada, I have dutifully ordered the brutal massacre of some harmless botanical lifeforms to be presented as a sacrifice on my mother's doorstep on Sunday.

what a perfect Mummy's boy you are No10

hey, steady !!! mummy's boy i certainly ain't !!! But (and i know i'm at the risk of sounding like a Mitchell brother here) Family is Family afterall !!

pointed out that there were websites you could register with to get a reminder email before such events.
doesn't work though, I get email birthday reminders and still managed to forget nine birthdays last month

but i'll be flitting back to blighty to see the old girl - bless her - this weekend and hand delivering my flowers

blimey, remind me never to introduce you to my mother - I don't want her getting ideas!

hey, steady !!! mummy's boy i certainly ain't !!! But (and i know i'm at the risk of sounding like a Mitchell brother here) Family is Family afterall !!

What/Who is a Mitchell Brother???

and what a handsome pair they are too...

No, I'm certainly not an Eastenders fan. I think the BBC should replace Eastenders with a series of documentaries to educate the working classes :P

hey, steady !!! mummy's boy i certainly ain't

Well in my experience the youngest is always a Mummy's boy. And my brother doesn't even have to try :angry:

Well I sent a card yesterday my first for probably five years.