Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Horse riding in Cologne

14 posts in this topic

Hi Im moving to Cologne in June with my boyfriend. Can anyone tell me where there is a really good place to go Horse Riding?

Horse riding would be just my "sport", if it weren't for the horse!

Seriously, I know of a few places out towards Pulheim, which is about 20 mins from Köln.

As maaph says, just outside Cologne there are Stables all over the place, can't turn around without bumping into one.

I went to one in the local village a couple of times, but then got a real blow up doll. :rolleyes:

Dont have my own horse at the moment, no...

Thanks for the info..hear there is a good one near the airport so will check it out when next there. Thanku.

you might want to look for a "reitbeteiligung" - basically that way you'd share ownership of a horse with someone else and it works out cheaper than paying by the hour or similar. rent-a-horse horses tend to be pretty sorry creatures. but it depends on how much time you want to or can invest.

to find a reitbeteiligung, look through the ads in your local paper, then check out horse/co-owner/stables. there sure isn't any shortage of stables and horses in nrw - it's a matter of personal taste which ones appeal.

Dear all, just wondering if anyone has any more recent information on this thread? I am moving to Bonn in July and am keen to continue riding. I am looking for an experienced dressage instructor who also has quality horses available for lessons. I will obviously trawl the local outlets for adverts, but interested to know if anyone has any recommendations. Thanks in advance...

Hello! i am a dressage rider as well from the US. I recently moved here, and found an awesome farm in Westerwald. Its a bit of a hike for me in Köln, but it is sooo worth it. She has wonderful horses, beautiful farm, and teaches baroque classical dressage, which is what i wanted to find.

www.reiten-mit-niveau.net

that is the website. She only does german lessons, but she is so understanding of my not so good german speaking skills, although the lessons are fine for me in german. let me know if you are interested and we can coordinate. i am so out of shape though, being in germany for 7 months with eratic lessons did a number on my skills and muscles :-(

Just adding to this thread. I found this useful portal for riding information around Bonn/Koln. It's all in German so you'll need a translator on your browser, but a good starting point for searching for riding schools, horses to share/lease, riding shops etc.

Reiten-in-bonn.de

Wow, its really cool to see that there are so many riders here! I brought my horse with me from Florida and ride and work at a farm outside of Essen. Maybe we ought to get together some time and do a trailride or something. I live smack in the middle of amazing trails with tiny mountains and a castle on the way. Sorry to steal your thread but thought it would be a good place to tell anyone if they are interested lets get in contact, or we could just go to a tackstore or horseshow... there is one nearly every weekend! I also ride dressage and jump and event a little on the side. :)

Dear Moni0204,

I am just getting myself situated in Bonn, looking for riding options (didn't have the option to bring a horse with me!). Definitely interested in checking out some horse shows with someone who shares the interest. PM me if you want to exchange details.

Cheers.

Hi, I'm looking for intermediate/advanced dressage lessons in NRW on school horses who are advanced. I've found several stables in my area offering training on low level horses but none who can help me advance on educated dressage horses.

I'm near Wuppertal and Cologne.

LG aus Wermelskirchen.