Official translation services in Frankfurt

24 posts in this topic

On 5/22/2017, 12:58:55, Kirstenzoo said:

... I am a teacher I can't really afford to pay and arm and a leg! Does anyone know of anyone who will do it for a reasonable price here in Frankfurt now?

it needs to be official unfortunately.

I used the services of Petra Wagner (http://sprachdienst-wagner.de/english-version.html) last year for translating my marriage certificate from English to German. It cost me around 45. I got the document translated in a couple of days. What I found interesting about her was that she initially quoted 50 based on the scanned copy of the document and then reduced it because the number of words was less than what she had originally estimated.

I believe that the translators are required to certify the translation after checking the original document directly. Some of them do insist on this. I had the marriage certificate translated once before but the translation was ordered by a lawyer's office. At the time, neither the translator nor the lawyer had the original and no one asked. So, I guess it depends on the people involved.

Hi all! Nice to see this thread from 12 years ago still going strong and on-topic!

I'm looking at translators for a couple of certificates and maybe my job contract (?) so I can apply for a German passport.

Is about 50 Euro still the going rate for a single cert by a sworn-in / officially-recognized translator?

How about a contract? Is that going to stretch to the 100s?!

On 6/20/2017, 2:23:48, kaffeemitmilch said:

Kordula Willberg was the cheapest certified translator I found, and she was really fast (2 days) with a birth certificate, letter and a San Francisco marriage certificate, which is a very busy document (see here: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:SF_marriage_license.png). One woman quoted €450, and others around 140-220. She charged 100 plus VAT, so 118. No complaints!

I've sent her a mail, thank you!

100 Eur for 2 certs seems about the typical rate.