Official translation services in Frankfurt

24 posts in this topic

Try searching on www.bdue.de - association of translators (need to be beeidigter oder ermächtigter)

got this done last month, cost around €50 and took about 3 days (wasn't in Frankfurt though so can't reccommend any names!)

Any translator will charge you an arm and a leg. Especially those with the "officialy recognised" rubber stamps.

You could try the Canadian Consulate and see if they offer translation services - I got my Irish birth certificate done at the Irish Embassy for a very small fee (something like 11 euro) two years ago

I am not sure if you would get everything done within 2 days though... the Canadians dont seem to be represented very well in Frankfurt.

I work with someone who can do it for you. With the rubber stamp thingy, not a rip off, and prob. at short notice too. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Ben

The JOB was a success!!! I can highly recommend Ben's colleague for official translation work, she's extremly professional and charges a fair price. Thanks Ben!

So, I'm guessing I will need my birth certificate translated from English (USA) to German, for getting married in Germany... Does anyone know anyone/anyplace in Frankfurt or the immediate surrounding areas (Offenbach, Eschborn, etc) where I could have this done, without it costing me a fortune? And without it taking forever for them to do it for me? AND that the German government will accept as legitimate/legal for a marriage here?

Thank you!

Topics merged by admin

Hello,

My husband needs to get his American driving history translated officially into German by a certified translator. We are looking for a recommendation on where to take it or possibly to employ a local TTer to do the work. We would like it to be done as quickly as possible, at latest by the end of this week. The document is 4 pages long.

Thanks,

SR

that's funny SR, when I transferred my US License to Germany, they accepted the history in English... and I had a Florida DL... ie NOT a reciprocal state unless taking advantage of the Hessen exemption

This is for the insurance companies. They need his driving history translated so that they can give him credit for his past driving experience.

Really? When I got my insurance years ago they just accepted the English letter from my old insurance company. I don't think you need it translated but am not 100% sure. What have the insurance companies said?

The lowest % that he has been offered is 60% and that is from a company associated with ADAC. However, they want all the records translated into German before they will lock him in at that level. We had another company that accepted the records in English, but they only offered him 85%. We found someone to translate them, but she said that it was going to be "very expensive" due to the format of the records. She is suggesting that we contact his USA insurance company again and request that they just type a letter stating that he has been insured for this long without any accidents, rather than just printing off the records from the computer.

Who has two thumbs and is getting frustrated with bureaucracy?...

Depending on how much it is, I can do it for you. I have a translation company here in Frankfurt. I don't charge for personal stuff, because that isn't my business. I just like to help people out, but I can't squeeze it in if it is too long. You can e-mail me at bruce@thinkfast.eu

I just used Kordula Willberg to translate my and my husband's driver's licenses from EN to DE. I found her name on both the BDÜ link above as well as the website of the American Consulate. I would like to recommend her. She gave me my translation the same day, charged neither arm nor leg (in fact, gave me a small discount since our 2 licenses were practically identical) and she is "beeidigt" with the official stamp and everything.

Here's that American Consulate list:

http://germany.usembassy.gov/english-speaking-services/hessen_translators.pdf

Hi, these are all kind of old replies, so I wondered if anyone had official documents translated more recently either in Frankfurt or Offenbach (actually, Offenbach would be better since my partner works there), and could recommend someone? We need my birth certificate and deed poll documents translated at least from English to German. Thanks :)

Hi RhiannonIlana, I recently had a birth certificate translated by an official translator for €43 (with an official stamp).

Her name was Petra Wagner and She lives in Frankfurt but we scanned the document and sent it by e-mail: info@sprachdienst-wagner.de

Hello,

I am in need of official translations for the conversion of my teaching certificate, as I am a teacher I can't really afford to pay and arm and a leg! Does anyone know of anyone who will do it for a reasonable price here in Frankfurt now?

it needs to be official unfortunately.

thanks 

2 hours ago, Kirstenzoo said:

Does anyone know of anyone who will do it for a reasonable price here in Frankfurt now?

You don't really need someone in Frankfurt, anyone who is an official translator, i.e. can give you the "official" stamp can do it, no matter where in Germany they are. I recently used Blue Sky Translations and was very happy with quickness, price and service.  And yes, I'm in Stuttgart, and so is Blue Sky Translations - but we did our business via mail, and never actually met up.