Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rounders teams in Frankfurt

19 posts in this topic

Hi,

There is a good chance i could be moving to Germany, somewhere around Frankfurt. In the UK I am a Rounders player (for those of you who dont know what rounders is it is like baseball only smaller bat) Anyway I was wondering with all the sports mentioned would you guys have a rounders team over there?

Any help i would be greatful

Thank you

Sarah :D

I take it there is no rounders teams in Franfurt then :(

So what about Football for kids Aged 4? Anyone know about this?

Thanks

I don't think you have much joy on the rounders front in Germany some how.

The last time I played it was at primary school, tbh I never knew it had an

adult following at all :unsure:

There must be some American teams here - I thought rounders was quite popular with them. Of course, they call it baseball and have introduced some funny habits like chewing gum... :D

I'm afraid I know sod all about football and I'm quite far from Frankfurt, but I've had

a shuffty on the net. Check out this club who are somewhere in or around Frankfurt (perhaps some

of the Frankfurters can enlighten us) and who have a Bambini team for younger kids, all

in German I'm afraid so if you need anything translated PM me.

Hope this helps

Hi thanks for the site unfortunatley i know sod all German (have no idea how i gonna cope over there) but anyways if you can see if anywhere in frankfurt have young football teams for aged 4 boys thats how old my son is, he loves football and over in the UK they cant play till they are 6 because of insurance or something like that, I know Germans are a bit more better for sports teams over there or so I have been told. Please tell me if i am different.

Thankyou

for those of you who dont know what rounders is it is like baseball only smaller bat

another difference - rounders is an interesting game

Unfortunately I can't help you on the rounders front.

Finding a football team should be easy enough though. Just go to your local football club (even most villages have one) and ask. Even if you did ask in German, many Germans would take the chance to practice their English so ask in English and save yourself the time!

Speaking German is a real advantage though even in the short term so you can get to know people a little. Try this BBC course to get you started:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/german/lj/

Thankyou very much telford

:D

I have looked at the site and it looks pretty easy to use so i can teach myself some German (I hope) ...lol

another difference - rounders is an interesting game

Hi does this mean you know of rounders in Germany (Frankfurt) Or you used to play it in the UK?

Srry if it's a blonde question :doh:

it's not a blonde question, just a blonde answer.

Haven't played since school, don't know of the opportunities in Germany - was just a daft response. I used to be normal, then I joined this board, and they soon dragged me down :wacko:

if you can see if anywhere in frankfurt have young football teams for aged 4 boys thats how old my son is

I E-Mailed the club for you, I'm afraid they say the kids should be 5 for the Bambini team, I don't

know if he used the word "should" on purpose indicating that they don't have to be 5, but it is preferred ?

I guess you could probably talk them into it.

OI Smitty,

I`ve search the net wide and breit and I can`t find a sausage about rounders

If they`re out there then their DEEP UNDERGROUND and not quite ready to come out of the closet!

IDEA! get some BB`s (plenty in your area), a crate or two of beer and get down the local park, and start up your own club!

soon have herman coming up to ya`s asking "wat ist dis stwange sport dan!" "kan I join you pleaze"

sorry about the accent, can`t do it proper

I have also not played rounders since school and sorry do not know of any teams in Frankfurt.

I'd probably be up for a play around in the park when the weather gets warmer though!!

Are those 2 comments related??! ;)

I have just asked my German secratary about the football, as she has young kids who play, and apparently as a general rule, they take kids who have already started school, but if your son is reasonably advanced for 4, you won't have a problem. They just like kids who are old enough to actually focus a little & follow instructions. If you know where in Frankfurt you will be living, I can find out where your local clubs would be easy enough? Just PM me.

Rounders, my goodness. I've not even thought about that game in over 20 years! At my school, all the boys who were crap at cricket had to play rounders with the girls instead. Not much of an incentive to take up cricket as their games were always shorter & gave you more free time anyway. And you got to meet girls.