Working in UK while being permanent resident of Germany

26 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Gambatte said:

Why do you want to come back to Germany afterwards?

Often non-Germans want to come to Germany for either employment, or to stay with their spouse. In such cases it should be simple to get permission.

Or am I missing something? 

 

It doesn't matter why they want to come back in the future. They only want to know if they can.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, almafreya said:

It doesn't matter why they want to come back in the future.

It does matter.

If you want to reside in Germany for employment, or to join your spouse, you get permission.

But for your love for Currywurst or Bundesliga you don't.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/01/2023, 13:29:46, almafreya said:

 

Do you meet one of the following criteria:

 

Alternatively, could you apply for German citizenship while keeping your current citizenship?

It has been almost 12 years I am living in Germany.

I can apply for German citizenship as well. But it will take time. My German level is A2 now. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/01/2023, 13:39:34, Gambatte said:

Why do you want to come back to Germany afterwards?

Often non-Germans want to come to Germany for either employment, or to stay with their spouse. In such cases it should be simple to get permission.

Or am I missing something? 

It could be for employment.

On 20/01/2023, 13:29:46, almafreya said:

 

Do you meet one of the following criteria:

 

Alternatively, could you apply for German citizenship while keeping your current citizenship?

It has been almost 12 years I am living in Germany.

I can apply for German citizenship as well. But it will take time. My German level is A2 now. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think with an employment contract one is basically 100% certain of getting visa or whatever.

Or am I wrong?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/01/2023, 23:29:47, Imra said:

It could be for employment.

It has been almost 12 years I am living in Germany.

I can apply for German citizenship as well. But it will take time. My German level is A2 now. 

 

At the moment, if you want to get German Citizenship you will have to give up your  Bangladesh Citizenship and you will need B2 level German.

 

But it was on the radio that this Government will change that, so you do not need to give up your old citizenship to get a German one, I do not know if they did that already, sorry.

 

You can only keep your old citizenship, if you are from another EU country. But check they may have changed that already

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now