All things Tesla

203 posts in this topic

I don't have high expectations before summer or even 2024. But if Elon shuts his mouth or leaves Tesla, it can go up faster.

I still think we're close to the bottom and a rebound will happen, but if news report Q4 numbers in a negative way, it can still go down 20%.

If they report it in good light, then I think it will go up 20% fast.

1 hour ago, MikeMelga said:

But if Elon ... leaves Tesla, it can go up faster.

I know it's been fun to gangbang Musk.  It's a fascination to me that before twitter, he was a genius at Tesla and now he's a hindrance.  All in a few months.

Predicting the market is a spectator sport:  if you win, there's no prize; if you lose, there's no penalty.

I think the more affecting 2023 factors will be the loosening of COVID restrictions in China, the resolution of Ukraine, a reduced inflation and less Fed rate increases.  Barring unforeseen events, if these market drivers take place, Tesla's as well as the rest of the economy will take care of itself.

Agree with all. I think FED fucked up big time with strong focus on inflation control. They are creating a deeper recession than needed.

Bought 50 more "chairs" today. Waiting a bit to see how it goes. Some numbers should show up next week.

On 27/12/2022, 22:35:13, catjones said:

I know it's been fun to gangbang Musk.  It's a fascination to me that before twitter, he was a genius at Tesla and now he's a hindrance.  All in a few months.

It´s only really his fanboys who had been calling him a genius at Tesla. MM and many others have been saying they´d be better off without him for a while because he doesn´t concentrate on Tesla but makes many stupid decisions and comments on things that don´t concern Tesla but affect them when he opens his mouth.

Is fully autonomous driving possible through Tesla Autopilot?

• Yes. Autopilot is a hands-on driver assistance system that is intended to be used only with a fully attentive driver. It does not turn a Tesla into a self-driving car nor does it make a car autonomous.

Yes, I know, it is literally called Autopilot.  Tesla even went to court to fight their right to call it Autopilot.   So that's why I call it Autopilot.  I respect Tesla's wishes.

Hearing so much negative news about TSLA since last few days, I am having second thoughts about Mode-Y which I ordered in June 2022 and still waiting.

There have been news that in some places it's now expensive to drive an eclectic car compared to petrol because of high energy costs.

There was another news in Swiss about  govt. proposal to limit the use of electric vehicles in any power crunch. 

On top these issues with Autopilot and batteries are still not mature enough to last for the life of the car.

I am getting second thoughts now to look for alternatives like BMW-X3 or Mercedes GLB, where I just load the tank and have nothing to worry about.

I drove Model-3 for a year in 2021 and had not any issues with charging but things changed a bit since then.

My wife is happy with Electic but I still think sometimes I have to plan longer journeys with TSLA whereas with Petrol car I can just drive and drive without any second thoughts.

8 minutes ago, DanglingPointer said:

and TSLA stock is bleeding me dry 

Mine also seems to have driven itself off a cliff.

My adviser never let me buy any Tesla stock. I could have insisted but he's done me well for a lot of years.

As for charging getting more expensive, I can't imagine it getting more expensive than fuel. Even so, one of the main points of an EV is no emissions. People seem to lose sight of that.

Planning trips is easy. Just put the destination in the navi as you do with any other car. All charging needs and possibilities come up. In almost a full year, we haven't made more frequent stops than we always did on longer trips. It's nice to stretch the legs, use the toilet, have a snack and/or a coffee. Totally stress free.

There is a lot of negative press out there around EV's. We have yet to see any downsides. 

41 minutes ago, Dembo said:

Mine also seems to have driven itself off a cliff.

Which stocks in your portfolio did well last year?

5 minutes ago, catjones said:

Which stocks in your portfolio did well last year?

Well Tesla was doing okay up to about September.  I have a few ETFs that are only down 11-12%, whereas Tesla is down 67%. 

I have some more money to invest so if someone could just tell me with certainty when we've reached the bottom that'd be great.

1 hour ago, Dembo said:

Well Tesla was doing okay up to about September. 

As was most of my investments. 

Hang in there. What falls down must go up. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Dembo said:

if someone could just tell me with certainty when we've reached the bottom

that someone is not on TT

6 hours ago, Dembo said:

Well Tesla was doing okay up to about September.  I have a few ETFs that are only down 11-12%, whereas Tesla is down 67%. 

I have some more money to invest so if someone could just tell me with certainty when we've reached the bottom that'd be great.

Some of my investments came good in 22

Airbus has done very well, up 70 % and Boeing have in the last months started to come good for me. 

Have been selling a lot of other stuff

I have never and will never put large sums in to Tesla, while they are in this state. 

FF and her advisors are right to keep well away from Tesla, it's just a mess. 

I play with them only to make a quick buck and get out, this is what I have always said here, I feel sorry for the people who lost money on them. 

Anybody should take advice and not just in their gut feeling

For me it's not a good time to be in the markets, I am not buying right now and that's just not Tesla