All things Tesla

203 posts in this topic

Humm, he is not saying buy in these posts, from the old Tesla thread

Ca_1.gif.aa711f8bdf6f89a183b90be721b0123

cap_2.gif.4e007be1b6208b1a50cbe870b1a8ab

But, with predictions of Tesla about to become the big company in the world and predicting Tesla would be worth 1300-1700 ( now after the share split, 433-566). its kind of implying that you too should get in and be rich. This is not a  rationalise of TSLA financials, technology, competition. This os more like investment advice.

And whats happened to the share price over the last year ...

On 16/12/2022, 11:34:52, fraufruit said:

Our friend canceled his Tesla Y that he ordered from China because it just didn't come. Bought himself a Mercedes EQA from a Mercedes employee who drove it for a year. He is very happy with it. They really are beautiful cars.

Do you know what is the range of M-EQA? The only reason I was sticking to Tesla was the efficiency, Software performance and the supercharger network on long distances? I don't know if we have enough super charging network for Non Tesla when one has to travel Europe wide.

Last year we travelled around 10k+ in Model 3 and covered different destinations with Bayern and Baden württemberg and also outside Germany to Prague, Italy, Swiss, Austria etc and its quite easy to use a supercharger. Once I thought of trying an EON High speed charger on Autobahn and it was nightmare. After struggling to make the payments for 10 mins, I gave off.

The chaos created by Elon right now is really impacting Tesla at least for short term. Some of the decisions are really taken in haste like removal of USS, now this Radar topic going on and off.

32 minutes ago, DanglingPointer said:

Some of the decisions are really taken in haste like removal of USS, now this Radar topic going on and off.

Most of the corporate world's decisions and plannings are secret or opaque.  When someone comes along with transparency to their daily decisions they are left open to criticism.  

2 hours ago, yesterday said:

And whats happened to the share price over the last year ...

Which share price are you referring to?  VW( -25.99% ), Deutsche Bank( -14.37% ), NASDAQ, S&P, DOW?

To think I had admiration for the fucking Musketeer.  What a disappointment. Hope he goes bankrupt.

@DanglingPointer

Here is one website that says the EQA has 305 mile range. Also has some nice photos. I'm sure you can find others with comparisons, etc. Probably some youtubes as well.

We haven't had any problems finding fast chargers for our Ionic5. Having said that, we don't travel extensively. We will see how it goes on our trip to Italy in March.

Sandy Munro is an automotive engineer who specializes in machine tools and manufacturing.

In 1988, he started his own consultancy, Munro & Associates, in Troy, Michigan, specializing in lean design, tearing down automotive products to study and suggest improvements and innovations.Now located in Auburn Hills, Michigan, the company performs electric vehicle benchmarking and consults in the aerospace, defense and medical sectors. 

His podcasts point directly at Tesla

Interesting remarks about VW and Audi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Innqk1eMPx4

https://teslaeconomist.com/

Nice website to see all important information related to Tesla. Keeping all this Elon SHIT aside, the fundamentals still look good for Tesla and the cars are still better compared to other EVs in terms of range and efficiencies. The competition will come from other players but still, Tesla can grow. If they can come up with 25k EV and this new factory in Mexico, they can just knock off the competition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srrK-U1uUj0

9 hours ago, DanglingPointer said:

Nice website to see all important information related to Tesla.

Wouldn't it be a much simpler world if you could just "go to the numbers" and derive stock price.  In TSLA's case, it would seem the inverse.

Tesla is now testing the $130 barrier. How far will it go? (Rhetorical question, but still, it’s a pity I’m investing in my own energy generation and don’t have lazy money looking for a home right now. Musk’s antics aside I believe in the company). If it drops much more I’ll sell some other stock and reinvest in Tesla.

Trying to buy the Tesla dip is proven harder than buying a shitcoin dip.  Every single day you come to the conclusion that it is better to wait one more day and then it goes down another 5%.

17 hours ago, fraufruit said:

What does your financial adviser say?

I don’t have one. 95% of my financial investments are in index funds anyway (world and SP500) plus a bit of Berkshire Hathaway (which I treat as a well managed fund). The remaining 5% is play money - invested in one stock or another.

This stock is waaay oversold. Still making lots of money on it, waiting as usual.

Tesla 2022 numbers will be very good. Production increased to the expected numbers (short of 50%). Delivers around 42%. Here is the point. China demand is weak at the moment.

My prediction for 2023, based on recent statements, Tesla will continue to push for a strong growth next year, even if they have to reduce profit to zero.

Logic? +50k€ car market can't grow more. Also high interest rates means people buying cheaper cars.

Tesla has 30% margins. They can drop them to zero to keep selling cars in large numbers. Most competition can't. Most competitors will slow down or stop investment in increased capacity.

This is a dumping strategy. Then by 2024, when interest rates drop, Tesla will have less competitors and better, more installed capacity.

So 2023 won't be a good year from financial point of view. They are betting on the long term and I think it's a bold and probably right move.

Screw it, after a brief talk with my wife we bought some Tesla stock as a Christmas present. Now to ignore the noise for the next year or two. I don’t know where the bottom is, but I’m sure there’s one at least.