Documents returned after mortgage closure

5 posts in this topic

I intend to to close the mortgage for an apartment with a German bank by giving the remaining amount of mortgage. So, what documents I can expect to be returned by the bank when the mortgage is finished

When we did this many years ago we got a Kontoauszug showing the final payment & zero outstanding.

One is generally advised to leave the entry in the Grundbuch in case one needs to raise a loan in the future.

1 hour ago, HEM said:

When we did this many years ago we got a Kontoauszug showing the final payment & zero outstanding.

One is generally advised to leave the entry in the Grundbuch in case one needs to raise a loan in the future.

Is that all? I think they would give a Certicate showing the cancellation of the Mortgage contract. How about the original deeds of the apartment which the mortgager may keep. I am talking from UK bank's experience who keep the property deeds till the end of mortgage

7 minutes ago, Vijinger said:

Is that all? I think they would give a Certicate showing the cancellation of the Mortgage contract. How about the original deeds of the apartment which the mortgager may keep. I am talking from UK bank's experience who keep the property deeds till the end of mortgage

In Germany, there is no such thing as a title deed.

1 hour ago, HEM said:

That´s only possible for a Grundschuld, not for a Hypothek.