Searching for sport courses in English for 9-13 yo

6 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am searching for any kind of sport courses for my daughters, 9 and 12 years old, in Munich, English language. From tennis to fencing, volley or riding or swimming. Everything could be interesting. If someone is an instructor available for teaching in English, please, write here! Or parents who have already experience with any kind of sport courses in english, please, let me know! Thanks a lot for your help.

Take them to German Sport Vereins. You'd be surprised how much German they'll learn. Someone will always have enough English to take them through the sports' basics.

13 hours ago, Sken76 said:

... or riding

If they take up riding please insist that they ALWAYS wear a riding helmet.

I did when my children started.  My daughter (now 30) continues to ride & always has her helmet on.

I know / knew 2 young girls who died in riding accidents, plus one who was certainly saved by a helmet.

21 hours ago, Sken76 said:

I am searching for any kind of sport courses for my daughters, 9 and 12 years old, in Munich, English language.

That strikes me as an odd request. It would help to know the reason/background?

As @kathdonn mentioned, joining a sports club is one of the best ways for non-German speaking kids to learn the language. Football in particular is a great integrator (without wishing to paraphrase Fifa). Pretty sure every single team my kids have played for and against in Germany have had a few non-native speakers.

If your wish is just for your kids to meet other English speakers, then an expat sport is likely to be your friend. Years ago a mate of mine played rugby for Munich, and at the time it was pretty much only English speakers. They have clubs for all ages:  Home < MRFC

21 hours ago, Sken76 said:

Hi all, I am searching for any kind of sport courses for my daughters, 9 and 12 years old, in Munich,

30 minutes ago, dstanners said:

Football in particular is a great integrator

@Starshollow 's daughters play football...

Maybe children integrated in Germany need a chance to practice their English occasionally. I could do with a chance to practise mine😉

I love horses but they are big and strong with minds of their own. Perhaps a Drahtesel (cycle) would be more suitable.