Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I made a video for our 20th wedding anniversary...

11 posts in this topic

My husband and I are celebrating 20 years of wedded bliss on Wednesday.  Since we're going to France on that day, I decided to make a music video to commemorate the occasion a little bit early.  I actually sang on camera, which I rarely ever do...  I usually set the songs to photos. 

I chose "Secret O' Life" by James Taylor because I think it's a great anniversary song, even though I used to dislike it.  Also, we have tickets to see him play in Frankfurt.  We were supposed to go last week, but he got COVID and had to postpone the show, which will happen on Saturday if he's well enough.  We were going to stay in France until Sunday, but if the show goes on, we'll come home early.  It's a really nice problem to have-- spending a Saturday night in Alsace, or in the second row of a James Taylor show...

Hope some of you enjoy...  It's the thought that counts, right? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GrsBkQLV04&t=53s

Oh, so lovely. Your singling is really wonderful 😊. If I sang to my husband, I’d break YouTube! Congratulations to you you both. 

14 minutes ago, knotheadusc said:

My husband and I are celebrating 20 years of wedded bliss on Wednesday.  Since we're going to France on that day, I decided to make a music video to commemorate the occasion a little bit early.  I actually sang on camera, which I rarely ever do...  I usually set the songs to photos. 

I chose "Secret O' Life" by James Taylor because I think it's a great anniversary song, even though I used to dislike it.  Also, we have tickets to see him play in Frankfurt.  We were supposed to go last week, but he got COVID and had to postpone the show, which will happen on Saturday if he's well enough.  We were going to stay in France until Sunday, but if the show goes on, we'll come home early.  It's a really nice problem to have-- spending a Saturday night in Alsace, or in the second row of a James Taylor show...

Hope some of you enjoy...  It's the thought that counts, right? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GrsBkQLV04&t=53s

What a beuatiful thought - and the voice and delivery to go with it!👍👍👍👍

Thank you, both!  We are lucky enough to still really like each other after all these years.  And, of course, we love each other, too. 

Just now, fraufruit said:

That was so awesome!!!

One of my fav videos is James Taylor and Carole King live at the Troubadour. The whole thing.

Oh, that is a wonderful concert!  I love them together, especially with their original band.  That was the best era for music!

Very beautiful.  Your voice is lovely.  Thanks for sharing.  We saw James Taylor in concert in Sacramento close to 30 years ago and it was awesome.

47 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

Very beautiful.  Your voice is lovely.  Thanks for sharing.  We saw James Taylor in concert in Sacramento close to 30 years ago and it was awesome.

I have been a fan of his since I was very young.  This will be my fourth time seeing him, but the first time in a somewhat intimate venue.  I think his son is also going to be there.

Thanks for checking out my video!  I really enjoyed making it.

23 hours ago, Lorelei said:

That's fantastic! You have a lovely voice.

Thank you so much!  We went to the concert on Saturday and it was so great!  James was signing stuff and we could get very close to the stage!  I am so glad we were able to see him.  I hope it wasn’t the last time.