Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Landlord says there is no interest on our deposit

5 posts in this topic

We are still waiting for our landlord to return our deposit from our apartment in Germany. After ignoring us for 6 months, after a formal email in German threatening involving a third party she has now come back to us and said that she will withhold some of it for the possible heating costs, but that there has been no interest from holding our deposit. I just wanted to check if this is normal, or should we expect some interest? I've read different things. Thanks!

I just closed a Mietkautionskonto for our renters and after 4 years the account had accumulated a whopping €0.12 interest.
That was with nearly €5k in the account.

53 minutes ago, krankenwagen said:

We are still waiting for our landlord to return our deposit from our apartment in Germany. After ignoring us for 6 months, after a formal email in German threatening involving a third party she has now come back to us and said that she will withhold some of it for the possible heating costs, but that there has been no interest from holding our deposit. I just wanted to check if this is normal, or should we expect some interest? I've read different things. Thanks!

where have you been living in the last ten years?? You’re lucky if your interest rate wasn’t negative.

I had an old deposit account from my tenant and he earned around 10 cents a year on his 1000€ deposit. 

9 hours ago, Rushrush said:

I had an old deposit account from my tenant and he earned around 10 cents a year on his 1000€ deposit. 

That‘s what I call ROI.