how to attach picture in this forum ?

19 posts in this topic

Everytime when i tried to append photo, this "You are only allowed to upload 245.76kb." prompts and hinder me from doing that.
What does it means ? Does it means my upload quota has reached ?? or every photo can only be 245kb in size ?  or a totally of multiple photos that i tried to upload has exceed limit ??

Sorry, i don't understand overly simplified sentence.

Each photo has a max size and this website is stupid.

If you have received this message you need to refresh the page at least once before it will work. Sometimes you need to flush your cookies too.

1 minute ago, pappnase said:

Each photo has a max size and this website is stupid.

If you have received this message you need to refresh the page at least once before it will work. Sometimes you need to flush your cookies too.

What is the max size of each photo ?

Not 245kb i hope.. that's too small.. i need to convert all my photos if that's the case.. tha'ts no fun.

Max of  245.76kb per post, so if you attach more than one picture to your post the limit is shared between all of them. 

17 minutes ago, pappnase said:

Max of  245.76kb per post, so if you attach more than one picture to your post the limit is shared between all of them. 

Per post.. so i can have a single thread with multiple posts , with each post: 1 photo of max 245kb attached to it ?

Post here means a reply or an opened thread ? I don't quite know what "post" you refered to

Each reply, or topic start, basically each time you click a button marked Submit... 

Ok.
How do you post photos from camera ? resize them before posting ?

Sad that the forum server does not have photo resize feature built in.

18 hours ago, andrew_ysk said:

Sad that the forum server does not have photo resize feature built in.

You're new in town, right? :)

1 hour ago, tor said:

You're new in town, right? :)

Thats depend on how you put it. I have being start using Toytown quite some year back.. but then stop using it for a while. Everytime when i try to post pic on to so to let the community know what i am trying to explain; i always have problem doing that.. deterring me from doing photo on the forum

All very well in theory Tor, but the page linked to at the start of that thread was last updated in 2012 and the forum has gone through several revisions since then. It bears no resemblance to the current process and says nothing about the limits etc.

Edit to add that the 'main' link to the help pages (https://www.toytowngermany.com/wiki/Help:Contents) doesn't work anymore, and over 1/2 of the wiki is completely fucked up because of a bad update during a migration.

The combination of those things have meant that user updates to the wiki are rarely made and routinely ignored. The forum is dying and if we want the few newcomers who do arrive to stay, then we need to adapt a bit from the old TT mentality of bluntly telling them to 'search for it' and being a bit more welcoming.

25 minutes ago, pappnase said:

The forum is dying and if we want the few newcomers who do arrive to stay, then we need to adapt a bit from the old TT mentality of bluntly telling them to 'search for it' and being a bit more welcoming.

Seems to be "growing" to me with all the new gardening posts!;)

43 minutes ago, pappnase said:

, then we need to adapt a bit from the old TT mentality of bluntly telling them to 'search for it' and being a bit more welcoming.

I did the search for them, and the image resizing links still work. :) 

Indeed they do, but I'm really annoyed by how rubbish the wiki is these days. Most of my post was complaining about that.

On 10/31/2022, 12:58:35, tor said:

I did the search for them, and the image resizing links still work. :) 

Can share the url to the thing you mentioned ?