Insults in social media

44 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, catjones said:

germans have laws for everything.  every thing.  enforcing those laws for everything is another matter.  if every infraction was investigated, the country would be spending billions,  meanwhile, when someone doesn't get their rent deposit back or their heat turned on, simple law enforcement is nowhere to be seen.  It's known as appearing to do something when nothing is done.

Precision is not Perfection.

Indeed.I am engaged in a civil case at the moment with a Streitwert of a whopping 3k. The proceedings began in 2018 and I received a letter from my solicitor today that the hearing planned for next Wednesday has been postponed until February (2023). 4th judge currently and still no judgement. The civil courts in this country are an embarrassing joke.

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

Indeed.I am engaged in a civil case at the moment with a Streitwert of a whopping 3k. The proceedings began in 2018 and I received a letter from my solicitor today that the hearing planned for next Wednesday has been postponed until February (2023). 4th judge currently and still no judgement. The civil courts in this country are an embarrassing joke.

You're telling me! I got stiffed for €550 in working contract. Two of the lawyers outright refused the case, saying that the damages were far too small for them to go through the trouble because they were overloaded. Another lawyer told me that €550 just wasn't worth a hassle that would take over a year to resolve and hell knows how long to then collect the money, and that costs involved would just wouldn't be worth it. He ended it with "I'll be short with you: let it go."

I have come to have absolute ZERO expectations from the German justice system. That goes double for the criminal courts (like the one courr who let a guy off the hook after he robbed a store at knifepoint on camera because his case had been pending for over 5 years)

If my solicitor could go back in time he would refuse to take my case I'm sure. He is losing money on it at this stage. He has put a lot of hours into countering complete and repetitive bullshit from the other side. The case should have been decided at the first hearing, latest at the second one. Instead the first judge got promoted to the Landgericht, the next one lasted a few weeks (never met her), the one after that lasted longer but went on parental leave and handed it over to the current one about a year ago and we were due to have the first hearing with her next week, that's now been pushed back to next year. The whole of this year nothing whatsoever will have happened with the case. The last "action" by the court was in August 2021. Absolutely appalling and there is supposed to be a Beschleunigungsgebot in the ZPO. Lol!!

7 hours ago, razorsandroses said:

Which is why you log into your VPN first (which is paid for with cryptocurrency) and the use the Tor browser...

But why? I'm sure you're a Trump supporter.

7 hours ago, razorsandroses said:

...for  those who are doing something seriously illegal, you chain the VPNs.

Understood. You're 100% a Trump supporter.

9 hours ago, Chelski said:

But why? I'm sure you're a Trump supporter.

Understood. You're 100% a Trump supporter.

9 hours ago, Chelski said:

16 hours ago, murphaph said:

Translation: "I don't have a counterargument and have just made a complete fool of myself by getting in an argument and then realizing I don't know what I'm talking about, so I will use the default rebuttal and accuse the person of being a Trump supporter merely for the fact that he just so happens to be an American national. If he's not American, accuse him of being a racist."

I am not really understanding what he said that’s got everyone convinced he’s a Trump supporter, but I’ll freely admit that I’m very naive about some things.  🤦‍♀️  Don’t lots of ordinary people just use Tor for privacy rather than illegal Dark Web stuff?

https://www.expressvpn.com/go/vpn-service/tor-vpn?category=VPN&subcategory=privacy&lang=en&gclid=Cj0KCQjwqc6aBhC4ARIsAN06NmOA5B1E5jFq0FZwEr68ZYgFia5Y7vH-VdwWV3stkDGMMFrQMX8iBNgaAiAUEALw_wcB

2 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

Don’t lots of ordinary people just use Tor for privacy rather than illegal Dark Web stuff?

Yes, they do :)

7 hours ago, fraufruit said:

We can settle this right now. Are you a Trumper? You didn't deny it.

Tell us your voting record first.

8 hours ago, fraufruit said:

We can settle this right now. Are you a Trumper? You didn't deny it.

Are you a neo-Nazi and living in Germany because you are infatuated with fascism? I mean, you never denied it.

NO I AM NOT A TRUMP SUPPORTER! ( Why is this even a topic to be addressed?!? We're talking about obscuring your identiy on the Internet, how did this switch over to Trump?!?)

The man can't tell the time, much less the truth, has an encyclopedic level of ignorance and has said enough inane and wildly inaccurate statements that have made Dan Quayle look like a Mensa member, used profanity in his campaign gatherings, invented ficticious statistics, insulted people at press conferences, single handedly made racism in America something for people to be open and vocal about, acted like a two year old and ordered government shutdowns when he didn't get his way, whines constantly about nothing, makes up wild stories, and got his start off in life from the wealth of his own parents. Has stiffed people in deals, stolen property by ordering things and not paying the bills and having his lawyers settle for half the value...and you really gotta ask me if I support this fool?!?

41 minutes ago, razorsandroses said:

and you really gotta ask me if I support this fool?!?

It was Chelski who insinuated and then I asked to clear up the matter.

Let's move on.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

It was Chelski who insinuated and then I asked to clear up the matter.

8 hours ago, fraufruit said:

I'm not convinced hence the question.

I beg to differ. Sounds to me like you made the same asinine ASSumption of "American that says something I didn't like" = "Trump supporter". Otherwise, you wouldn't have needed to be convinced of anything since Trump is about as relevant to this thread about as much as Ireland is a part of the UK.

On 10/21/2022, 10:15:15, Krieg said:

And nowadays there are techniques to identify you even if you are behind a VPN if you are not careful enough.  You can be pinpointed crossing information from cookies and advertisement user IDs if you use the same browser in the same PC for different things and/or you do not use incognito mode.

People who throw up insults are pretty much always too stupid to know this. And those who do use VPN and incognito mode are usually careful enough not to attract police investigators. 

That being said, where I am now it is legal to insult (if it is not a libel/defamation), and weed is legal, too. So good luck reporting me to the Germans, I am not hiding my IP.