new 29 euro ticket for Berlin?

11 posts in this topic

A german friend told me that there was a new ticket offer for just Berlin.  It cost 29 euros. Yet when I went to a ticket machine , I could find no trace of such a ticket.

Is there such a ticket and where do I get it? Must I have a smart phone?

Thanks

Digital Disaster

OK, I hope I got this right.   It is not a separate ticket.  It is a special offer for those taking out one of their yearly abos, getting October, November and December at the reduced rate of 29 euros.  For travel in zones A and B.  The remaining months will be usual rates.

€29 promotion | BVG

thanks for that useful link. But it is still not clear to me how I get the ticket, since the machines do not print it. I will have to go to the BVG shop in Alexander Platz and have a chat.

5 minutes ago, colincostello said:

thanks for that useful link. But it is still not clear to me how I get the ticket, since the machines do not print it. I will have to go to the BVG shop in Alexander Platz and have a chat.

The promotion is only valid for subscriptions.

It includes the following tariff products for the tariff sub-areas Berlin AB:

As this is a pure subscription promotion, it is necessary to own or subscribe to the above fare products (no sale at the ticket machine!).

It is not available in the machines, you have to buy a yearly ticket online or at the BVG shops. You can cancel it after the offer ends and it is only available for AB.

Remember to cancel the ticket, otherwise it continues, like a magazine subscription.

Bit of a trick, if you ask me😉

And it is only for Berlin AB, excludes Potsdam, Oranienburg etc usw.

Many thanks guys.

I am not so happy to go into a contract. There have been many posts about this on Toytown. E.g gym contracts which roll over without warning .                             

punkt3, free customer magazine (Issue dated October 6), available at S-Bahn stations, has an article about this on page 4.

I think I need another coffee before reading it, the conditions are a bit complicated😉

Just rumours at the mo, about in the new year.  At the moment train prices (especially long distance) are going up, because of increase in Strom prices.   I would love to get away somewhere.  Any recommendations for October or November in Germany? 

The 9€ ticket was a bit of a Schnappsidee, crazy idea, a bit too cheap and temporary.

There is talk of a 49€ ticket but only on subscription for a whole year, should be called 588€ ticket.😕