Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Anyone else not receiving post in Berlin?

5 posts in this topic

We haven't received post in about a month. We called the central post line, but they say we are indeed receiving it (?!?) and that they would look into the matter further. I googled it and there were some recent articles and of course the post was blaming corona. I am really not sure what else we can do, we are currently about to move into a new flat and since we were receiving several notifications from the 'Grundbuch Amt' we notified them and the Finanzamt just in case. I had to recently cancel 2 magazine subscriptions as those just stopped showing up in July. If anyone else is experiencing this issue, what have you done about it? I wouldn't normally care, but since every bit of important communication is done via post in this country, I worry that some rando 'Mahnung' could show up.

You can file an official complaint at the Verbraucherservice Post. The Bundesnetzagentur will do the follow-up.

I have a magazine subscription, the November issue had not arrived ten days after publication so I @mailed the publisher asking for a replacement.

A couple days later the subscription copy arrived.

A couple days after that the replacement copy arrived😉

Soon after that the December issue arrived. In Oktober!

I have been having terrible service from the postal service here in Berlin. A  greetings card with an Amazon gift voucher never arrived, bank documents go astray and either never turn up or do arrive extremely late. Unfortunately, there are still banks that want an original contract via snail mail - even though I have described the postal problems I've had.

I have complained to the Deutsche Post three times also by snail mail because an online service for complaints is not available. Each time they promise to look into things and make sure it doesn't happen again - until it does happen again!

My advice is to complain anyway because if enough people complain they'll actually have to do something about it.