Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Public transport in Offenbach

9 posts in this topic

Sorry for all the questions, but you did such a good job of answering the last ones... :)

If you lived in Offenbach and travelled to work every day across the river in Fechenheim would you have to buy a zone 4 (100 euro) monthly travel card to get to work, or is there some special deal when travelling only across the border? It seems a bit much to charge for travelling in two zones, when you are only travelling about 2-3 km.

What 4 Zones are there between Offenbach & Fechenheim?

Offenbach should be 3601

Frankfurt should be 50

If the bus takes you the direct way to Fechenheim (i.e. across the bridge) you should only pay for these zones. As far as I know, the 940 bus will take you from Offenbach Hauptbahnhof to Fechenheim.

940 Bus route

According to RMV a monthly ticket will cost 50 euro... RMV Tarif

Hmm... zones is probably not the best way of describing it. According to the tarif guide, travel within Frankfurt city limits is a "preisetufe" 3, whereas Offenbach-Frankfurt seems to be Preistufe 4. I'm totally baffled by the tarif system, so I've sent them an email :).

Have a look at http://www.vgf-ffm-tickets.de/

Press the 'english' flag and you can check the price of a monthly ticket by entering your starting point and destination (and if required have it sent to your home.)

I got these results:

Monatskarte

To: 5000 Frankfurt a.M. / Fechenheim

Valid from: 23.1.2006 Price level 4 Price: 98,40 EUR

The 9am monthly ticket would be cheaper.

Wow. You go a kilometre further and the price doubles. :o

There is always the "onyerbike" option... it works out even cheaper than the 9am one ;)

Thanks for the info. It seems a bit harsh to have to pay 100 euros a month to travel 3-4 km across the border, but only 65 to travel from one side of the city to the other.

So how's the cycling in Frankfurt? Any idea what it is like cycling through the Hanauer industrial park at night? Is it well lit? Does it have cycle pathways?

There is always the "onyerbike" option... it works out even cheaper than the 9am one

Can you tell me which button I have to press for that... I cannot find it despite looking for several hours :ph34r:

Can you tell me which button I have to press for that... I cannot find it despite looking for several hours

It should be near the "Any" key :doh:

So how's the cycling in Frankfurt? Any idea what it is like cycling through the Hanauer industrial park at night? Is it well lit? Does it have cycle pathways?

The Hanauer is actually a busy Bundesstr. There is a designated Cycle-lane along the footpath on both sides of this very wide road, so you dont have to cycle with the busy traffic - it all speeds by you as you use the safety of the path. I am not sure what its like at night though, as I have not cycled in donkeys years. Besides, I have never really had the urge to cycle through an industrial area as it does not really appeal to me ;)

Being a Bundesstr in the city would have me imagine that its well lit up at night...