Queen Elizabeth

251 posts in this topic

Surely not the same but it reminded me of this-

Sir Elton John has another honor to add to his storied career.

The "Rocket Man" singer, 75, was surprised when President Joe Biden presented him with the National Humanities Medal at his Friday performance on the South Lawn of the White House.

"Tonight is my great honor, and I mean this sincerely, to present the National Humanities Medal to Sir Elton John," Biden announced. The music icon looked completely shocked at the announcement, and immediately teared up.

here

On 30 September 2022 12:28:58, kaffeemitmilch said:

I just learned that John Oliver declined an OBE. He is now on a very cool list:  No Ma'am! Celebrities Who Turned Down Honors from Queen Elizabeth (people.com)

Surely if you opposed it that strongly you wouldn't even mention you'd been offered a gong. Perhaps those announcing that they've declined one are still hoping that some of its magic rubs off! ;)

1 hour ago, Lorelei said:

Surely if you opposed it that strongly you wouldn't even mention you'd been offered a gong. Perhaps those announcing that they've declined one are still hoping that some of its magic rubs off! ;)

Hell,maybe even read why some of them didn´t accept it?

On 10/1/2022, 1:12:54, Lorelei said:

Doesn't seem like him if you know his history, but of course, anything is possible :)

He talks about it here:  John Oliver Can’t Believe a U.K. Network Cut His Queen Elizabeth Joke – Rolling Stone