Is it a DISCRIMINATION at work place.?

33 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Would it be possible to just let it go and chalk it up to experience and get on with your life?

Much less stress.

Sure Ma`am.

For the past three weeks I cant digest it and no proper sleep. Thats why end up this issue here.

2 hours ago, karin_brenig said:

@bloomfirst of all, let me tell you I feel sorry for what you were going through.

Since you already left the job, there is really not much you can do about it after the fact. Posting Google reviews may help you feel better in the moment, it may help other people in the future, but it doesn't help to fix anything at the company.

So, my advice for you in any future jobs would be to communicate well, clearly, up front, before you even take on the job - and then continue to communicate well and in an open, constructive and auditable way throughout your stay.

Make sure every detail is documented in writing - word of mouth can be easily misunderstood, misinterpreted, and overlooked.

Especially in this particular job situation, where you were working at a logistics operation - and had weight lifting restrictions. Bring the appropriate doctor's note when you apply for the job, make sure it is written into your work contract, and remind your supervisor of it whenever they tell you to move objects over the weight limit.

Thanks for your notes and suggestion Ma´am.

Are you big and strong? If so, that might be a reason why you were assigned "harder" tasks?

Or does everyone have to be able to lift 25 kg?

2 hours ago, karin_brenig said:

Especially in this particular job situation, where you were working at a logistics operation - and had weight lifting restrictions. Bring the appropriate doctor's note when you apply for the job, make sure it is written into your work contract, and remind your supervisor of it whenever they tell you to move objects over the weight limit.

This is what I was referring to in regards to learning from the experience.

What you will do next time to avoid all the confusion.

It seems like you are experiencing some trauma from the event. Might be helpful to talk to someone about it. 

I sincerely feel for you.

9 minutes ago, Fietsrad said:

Are you big and strong? If so, that might be a reason why you were assigned "harder" tasks?

Or does everyone have to be able to lift 25 kg?

I am small. 161 cm

For lifting weight they had their own full time worker with muscular body. But when I am there with that disponent , Those muscular people are relieved from their task and I was assigned their task.

It took me 3 years and a burnout in germany to learn to say 'Nein' forcefully and with a bit of a scowl. Not how I was raised. But it went down much better than I expected. My lazy colleagues 'respected' me for setting limits. Otherwise known as bottom up management. Try it next time. Especially if you have not much to lose. Cultural différences...

How good is your German? If you can speak well you could get a job "flying a desk", maybe in a call center.

I had an interview for a job in a call center, dozens of people sitting close together, very loud, glad I was not offered a post😃 Retired instead.

I would prefer to do something useful, picking up trash in the park maybe.

3 minutes ago, optimista said:

It took me 3 years and a burnout in germany to learn to say 'Nein' forcefully and with a bit of a scowl. Not how I was raised. But it went down much better than I expected. My lazy colleagues 'respected' me for setting limits. Otherwise known as bottom up management. Try it next time. Especially if you have not much to lose. Cultural différences...

just a tad OT.... but here goes (my personal "cultural differences" learning curve in the US)...

I didn't suffer a burn-out, and it didn't take three years, but I had to learn how to say "no" very softly, with a bit of sugar-coating. It went down exceptionally well. My boss commented on my "leadership potential" ever since, because I supposedly was able to prioritize and see the bigger picture.

Here's how that went down:
being the "new girl" on the job, I was ordered to do the stuff that nobody else really wanted to do - even when they were better qualified for the task than I would have been. At first I complied, because I thought that was my boss' way of giving me "training on the job". After I realized what was going on, I refused by saying something like "thank you for thinking of me first with this opportunity. I really appreciate the experience. Unfortunately, however, I will not be available to tackle this task - unless you believe that <<insert any other important work here>> can wait for another week."

Queen of diplomacy you are. :lol:

Here s a discriminatory post. The last time i saw my middle distance readers in titanium frames was when I was on my Alphorn, and they were with my open-cased flugel two feet away from me. That gypsy woman I had a long chat with said she d listen to us. Then disappeared while we were playing. It s hard to get used to some cultural différences. I hope she enjoys wearing my frames.

On 9/6/2022, 2:54:17, karin_brenig said:

"thank you for thinking of me first with this opportunity. I really appreciate the experience. Unfortunately, however, I will not be available to tackle this task - unless you believe that <<insert any other important work here>> can wait for another week."

That is a bog standard Scrum 101 answer. ;)

10 minutes ago, Metall said:

That is a bog standard Scrum 101 answer. ;)

That reminds me of what I once read about John Cleese, whose answering machine message was " I am temporarily not available. Please call back next year."

😂