No Gastroentologie appointment for the next months

8 posts in this topic

Hi folks,
I have stomach pain. I have visited house doctor. He has told me that the cause of pain must be examined and it can be dangerous. He has given me an Ueberweisungsschein for Gastroentrologie. Now the website doctolib shows texts like this for all the doctors in Berlin for Gastroentrologie:

Nächster Termin am 6. Dezember 2022

Or:

Nächster Termin am 24. Oktober 2022

Or:

Nächster Termin am 3. März 2023

Is that it? Am I out of luck? Should I keep up with this pain for months until the nearest appointment?
Any help is really appreciated.

Ask your GP for a note classifying it as urgent and call the "Terminservicestelle" at 116117 (nationwide number). They will arrange for an appointment within 1 month. If they can't you can go to a private doctor or hospital and public insurance will have to pay.

Keep looking at the website frequently, oftentimes there are cancellations, timeslots are released, and you can grab an appointment sooner.

4 hours ago, Pesar said:

Hi folks,
I have stomach pain. I have visited house doctor. He has told me that the cause of pain must be examined and it can be dangerous. He has given me an Ueberweisungsschein for Gastroentrologie. Now the website doctolib shows texts like this for all the doctors in Berlin for Gastroentrologie:

Or:

Or:

Is that it? Am I out of luck? Should I keep up with this pain for months until the nearest appointment?
Any help is really appreciated.

How about going old school and use a telephone?

Explaining your situation will lead to a quicker appointment if it is urgent.

7 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Not acceptable when one is in pain.

In which case it´s not an urgent case but an emergency.