Where can I find nuts with reasonable price?

27 posts in this topic

I decided to add nuts to my daily nutrition plan. By nuts, I mean something from peanuts, hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts, etc. I checked the prices in supermarkets, and they were all above 10 Eur/kg. Even some of them were about 20 Euro/kg or even more. So, I wondered if there is a place I can buy nuts in high quantity and even in shell, but at a more reasonable price? Even if possible to order it from nearby countries if it makes it cheaper!

I'm not looking for garbage quality products. But also not necessarily the top brands in the market!   

3 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

We find a good and reasonably well priced selection of nuts at Lidl.

I eat a lot of cashews.

I also like cashews. So, is 10-12 €/kg the minimum I can find anywhere?

My local Aldi-Sud, has 'Feinste Nuss-Variation 200g @ €1.59 this week down from €2.89, so that's €8/kg.

Not sure if that is in all shops though.

29 minutes ago, bobMorane said:

I also like cashews. So, is 10-12 €/kg the minimum I can find anywhere?

I only eat a few grams at a time so they last. One of my few indulgences and they're healthy.

While that, finding reasonable healthy peanut butter is not easy either, most have added sugar.  We've been eating this one, but if anyone knows something better it will be appreciated:

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Powders-Peanut-Butter-Protein-BPF-PBUT-CRUN-1000/dp/B00SP32EXU/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1JAEU9I30B5JP&keywords=erdnussbutter+1+kg&qid=1661504959&rdc=1&sprefix=peanut+butter+1k%2Caps%2C126&sr=8-5

(it is in promotion today)

21 minutes ago, Krieg said:

While that, finding reasonable healthy peanut butter is not easy either, most have added sugar.  We've been eating this one, but if anyone knows something better it will be appreciated:

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Powders-Peanut-Butter-Protein-BPF-PBUT-CRUN-1000/dp/B00SP32EXU/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1JAEU9I30B5JP&keywords=erdnussbutter+1+kg&qid=1661504959&rdc=1&sprefix=peanut+butter+1k%2Caps%2C126&sr=8-5

(it is in promotion today)

Peanut butter is a great healthy product! Once I searched supermarkets to find peanut butter with around 4% sugar. But wasn't successful!

14 hours ago, bobMorane said:

By nuts, I mean something from peanuts, hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts, etc. I

This is what everyone does. Oder?

I eat huge amount of nuts (and seeds, actually: chia, pumpkin, sunflower (sunflower always by far the cheapest)).

Normally happy with the lower priced brands in the Aldi Edeka Lidl Rewe. 

I make bread (cheating: i do it with the bread machine), and always add plentiful of nuts and/or seeds in the mix. Wonderful. I like feeling the added crunch.

Suggestion: mix of seeds and/or chopped nuts, with Skyr or greek yogurt, and berries or grated/diced apple or pear. Cheap and top luxury.

2 hours ago, Krieg said:

This one, I buy in the Netherlands. It has NO additional sugar, but the amount of sugar per 100 gram is 6,4% : https://www.amazon.de/Calve-Calvé-Pindakaas-Erdnußbutter-650g/dp/B00JFX4202/ref=asc_df_B00JFX4202/?tag=googshopde-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310546711110&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3981499381838963601&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9061161&hvtargid=pla-698029022879&psc=1&th=1&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=64540624049&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=310546711110&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3981499381838963601&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9061161&hvtargid=pla-698029022879

You also have creamy or crunchy, but I stick to the classic version.

Luke, Himself has been buying Snickers Crunchy PB for me down here in Slovenia. Happy that I cannot read the label. It is so delicious.

I don't put sugar in my coffee and rarely eat sweets so I don't sweat the PB sugar.

Stay off the hazelnuts. Most are from Turkey where the labour market consists of a child slave labour racket.

Pistachios are also problematic coming from war torn middle Eastern countries suspected of chemical contamination from Iran-Iraq wars.

Other varieties subject to mould or fungus. Ideally get thee to forest areas where the trees grow and collect your own once a year. Walnuts, hazelnuts and chestnuts are collectable where I live.

Also second the seed idea.

But are usually dowsed in sugar and salt to 'improve' taste.

Insects are the fat free high protein future. :ph34r: