Hey Toytown...Please Fix Your Software

130 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, karin_brenig said:

ok - so - let's analyze (notice the word starts with anal...)
Stuff seemed to be working fine up until some point in time somewhere last week.

What was changed immediately before that point in time?

Who did it?
How do we get a hold of who dunnit?

Anyways - this may be my sign from the Universe herself to leave the sinking ship... :(

something must have happened on the 19th of July - when I look at the "recent activities" tab all threads where supposedly started on the 19th (even though they are clealy not)

@karin_brenig I have a later post than that. The last one in any of my feeds is this:-

dated 20th July at 12:35 am

The feed here: https://www.toytowngermany.com/ still sort of seems to be working, new posts are showing up there.

I think with the double-post issue as well there is probably an actual database error, and my guess is that this was caused by somone trying an sql injection attack against the database and sending a 0 into a table somewhere.

@karin_brenig I have a later post than that. The last one in any of my feeds is this:-

dated 20th July at 12:35 am

The feed here: https://www.toytowngermany.com/ still sort of seems to be working, new posts are showing up there.

I think with the double-post issue as well there is probably an actual database error, and my guess is that this was caused by somone trying an sql injection attack against the database and sending a 0 into a table somewhere.

I think it was a forum software update that went vewy, vewy wrong...

Don't forget the double posts. Like this one?

Which also finishes in a page saying something went wrong

And you get an edit fail message even though the edit suceeds