Grundsteuerreform

141 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, murphaph said:

It seems I will have to wait for an update to the www.grundsteuererklaerung-fuer-privateigentum.de website to use it for the latter case. I'm wondering can I use the site for my simple case and then wait for the update and if it doesn't come, revert to Elster for the more complex case. You can log in to this simplified tool with Elster credentials, now, is that correct?

Yes.

Unrelated to the topic but I'm seeing a lot of posts appear twice or 3 times. It also happened to me and I reported my own post for it to be deleted.. I wonder why this is happening though

1 hour ago, markfusara said:

Unrelated to the topic but I'm seeing a lot of posts appear twice or 3 times. It also happened to me and I reported my own post for it to be deleted.. I wonder why this is happening though

The last time this happened, I reported it to the guys at The Local. They fixed it. Forget their names now.

Thanks everybody for your help. I hope you're all coping with your Grundsteuerreform.

In the end I did as much as I could myself on Elster and got some professional help over the phone (Whatsapp video or Googlemeet) from a very competant multiligual tax advisor called Richard Augustin - highly recommended

Thanks everybody for your help. I hope you're all coping with your Grundsteuerreform.

In the end I did as much as I could myself on Elster and got some professional help over the phone (Whatsapp video or Googlemeet) from a very competant multiligual tax advisor called Richard August - highly recommended

Following the Berlin guide I've done my return for the Berlin apartment case, which to be honest was fairly straightforward. I decided to use Elster as I may well be forced to use it for our house as the private driveway shared with other owners is not covered in the simplified tool and I don't trust them to have it done by the deadline. Better to get a bit of Elster practice in this way.

Has anyone got a cellar in their house? I am seeing conflicting reports about how to treat it but I am minded to leave it off completely as even though it's living space to us, it was declared as not being such for planning purposes. The ceiling is only 2.22m which is too low in Brandenburg (must be 2.4m to count as Aufenthaltsraum) and the windows are too small to give adequate daylight and I have seen online that if a room is not up to the standards of the Landesbauordnung for Aufenthaltsraum then it is automatically excluded from the Wohnflächenberechnung. 

Following the Berlin guide I've done my return for the Berlin apartment case, which to be honest was fairly straightforward. I decided to use Elster as I may well be forced to use it for our house as the private driveway shared with other owners is not covered in the simplified tool and I don't trust them to have it done by the deadline. Better to get a bit of Elster practice in this way.

Has anyone got a cellar in their house? I am seeing conflicting reports about how to treat it but I am minded to leave it off completely as even though it's living space to us, it was declared as not being such for planning purposes. The ceiling is only 2.22m which is too low in Brandenburg (must be 2.4m to count as Aufenthaltsraum) and the windows are too small to give adequate daylight and I have seen online that if a room is not up to the standards of the Landesbauordnung for Aufenthaltsraum then it is automatically excluded from the Wohnflächenberechnung. 

Bayern was straightfoward. My only problem is that I can't find the Finanzamt letter for one one my properties, so I don't know the Aktenzeichnen. The -not to be bothered- Beamter at the hotline told me he couldn't possibly help with that. I'm half minded to just wait for the Abmahnung.

Bayern was straightfoward. My only problem is that I can't find the Finanzamt letter for one one my properties, so I don't know the Aktenzeichnen for it. The -not to be bothered- Beamter at the hotline told me he couldn't possibly help with that. I'm half minded to just wait for the Abmahnung.