Grundsteuerreform

76 posts in this topic

pete berlin,

Additional information: I own two apartments in an Altbau.  There are a total of 22 units in the Altbau.  I believe there are 17 or 18 owners.

After the purchase and once everything had been recorded, I went to the Amtsgerich where the Grundbuch for my apartments are kept.  I had to pay 10 Euro and show my passport (to prove I was the owner).  They then made a copy of the Grundbuch pages for my apartments.  

The first page shows the size of the building and the fraction to determine your share of ownership in the building.  If you multiply these two numbers, you end up with the square meters of your apartment (same as the square meters on the Nebenkosten/Jahresabrechnung).  

You can get some of this information from the FIS-Broker website.  I followed the link and instructions and was able to get the total square meters of my apartment.  

I'm going to do some more research later this week and will post if I find anything else.  

S.

It seems to me that the hardest part isn't going to be filling the forms, but getting the information needed, especially about the building

To get all the information needed, what do we need? As I see it the first job is to get all the information.

Presumably information that we already have that's included in our tax declarations, that information is easy.

We need to find the Grundsbuch? I'm not at home at the moment, so not sure if I have Grundsbuch for my 2 properties. If I cannot find them, where can I get them?

What other sources of information? I already wrote to the management companies and one didn't reply and the other said they cannot help because that would be considered legal advise and they cannot give legal advise !!

To get all the information needed, what do we need? As I see it the first job is to get all the information.

Presumably information that we already have that's included in our tax declarations, that information is easy.

We need to find the Grundsbuch? I'm not at home at the moment, so not sure if I have Grundsbuch for my 2 properties. If I cannot find them, where can I get them?

What other sources of information? I already wrote to the management companies and one didn't reply and the other said they cannot help because that would be considered legal advise and they cannot give legal advise !!

For anybody who just owns a flat rather than a real estate empire or commercial properties, I would recommend to use https://www.grundsteuererklaerung-fuer-privateigentum.de/ rather than Elster, it's a lot more user friendly. But because with German bureaucracy and digitalisation, nothing can ever be easy, you can't use it if you already have an Elster account. At least not till September, when they are coming up with an update, which allows the use of both. I just sent them an email trying to find out if I can use it if I delete my Elster account and am waiting to hear back.

I found nearly all of the information needed in the purchase contract for my flat and the Bodenrichtwert on the "boris" website, I just found Elster a total nightmare. It wants information which isn't needed for flat owners and then sends unresolvable error messages if you don't fill them in. The help items are totally useless in some cases making things more confusing and don't even get me started on the chatbot, it's the usual German digitalisation clusterf*ck. 

Thank you Herr Schnitzel for your contribution to this rather complicated topic.

I'm registered with Elster and I imagine most of the others participating here are too.

So I guess we would all be interested to find another way to go about this if it's easier. I'm sure we're all flat owners, either residents or landlords, we aren't real estate empires or commercial property owners.

I've now filled in everything with Grundsteuererklärung für Privateigentum and if I can't delete my Elster account, I'll send that off in September when it should be possible. 

I've now filled in everything with Grundsteuererklärung für Privateigentum and if I can't delete my Elster account, I'll send that off in September when it should be possible. 

Thank you Herr Schnitzel for your information about "Grundsteuererklarung fur privateigentum"  It's seems interesting except that we have to wait until September.

I'm a bit uncertain about getting all the information I need. Previously we've discussed the Grundsbuch, the BORIS site etc. but on your site it lists:

• Informationsschreiben Ihres Bundeslandes ggf. mit beigefügtem Beiblatt oder Datenstammblatt,
  • Grundsteuerportal (Geodatenportal) Ihres Bundeslandes,
  • optional Grundbuchauszug, Einheitswertbescheid, Kauf-/Schenkungsvertrag, Teilungserklärung bei Wohnungseigentum oder Bau- / Vermessungsunterlagen.   
  •  
  •  Can you advise about these things please?

Unlike other Bundesländer, Berlin isn't sending out an Informationsschreiben (or the additional documents mentioned, Beiblatt, etc), so you can ignore that. The other documents listed are supposed to help you with filling everything in but in my case, I found most the info on the first two pages of my purchase contract, the rest on the "boris" Portal. You don't have to submit any documents, you only have to fill in the online questionnaire. Unlike with Elster on the Grundsteuererklärung für Privateigentum portal I found everything self-explanatory once you have the data. Feel free to ask for individual entries if you are stuck, though I have only filled it in for my circumstances (owner of one Eigentumswohnung).

I don't understand why you can't use this if you have an Elster account but in Germany nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to digitalisation. It just says it's for technical reasons and that it should be possible from September onwards.

Unlike other Bundesländer, Berlin isn't sending out an Informationsschreiben (or the additional documents mentioned, Beiblatt, etc), so you can ignore that. The other documents listed are supposed to help you with filling everything in but in my case, I found most the info on the first two pages of my purchase contract, the rest on the "boris" Portal. You don't have to submit any documents, you only have to fill in the questionnaire. Unlike with Elster, on the Grundsteuererklärung für Privateigentum portal I found everything self-explanatory once you have the data. Feel free to ask for individual entries if you are stuck, though I have only filled it in for my circumstances (owner of one Eigentumswohnung).

I don't understand why you can't use this if you have an Elster account but in Germany nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to digitalisation. It just says it's for "technical reasons" and that it should be possible from September onwards.

I called my Finanzamt today and they have admitted that they are swamped with enquiries about unresolvable error messages on Elster, so the problem lies on their side. This is something I have to deal with in my job all the time, I do the organisation for a doctors office. Certain processes like prescriptions and AU are supposed to be digitalised by now, then when the software gets released it doesn't work. At first they make you believe that the error lies on your end, but eventually they have to move the deadline because the software is buggy and unusable.

It’s now possible to log into “Grundsteuererklärung für Privateigentum” via your Elster login dates. This is far less complicated than doing this via Elster and I’ve just sent it all off.

Herr Schnitzel,

Thank you for the update!  I started my Grundsteuererklaerung on Elster but stopped as I was unsure of some of it.  I did check the link you mentioned earlier, but could not go any further because of my existing Elster account.  Thanks again.

S.

Herr Schnitzel,

Thank you for the update!  I started my Grundsteuererklaerung on Elster but stopped as I was unsure of some of it.  I did check the link you mentioned earlier, but could not go any further because of my existing Elster account.  Thanks again.

S.

I have an Elster account and didn't have too much trouble filling it out. Started out with errors and kept going back to see what I missed and eventually it all worked. Some of the data you need should be in you contract or exposé and you can find some online.

I have an Elster account and didn't have too much trouble filling it out. Started out with errors and kept going back to see what I missed and eventually it all worked. Some of the data you need should be in you contract or exposé and you can find some online.

Herr Schnitzel,

I was not able to use the Grundsteuererklaerung link provided because I am a non-resident property owner.  When I went back and said I was a resident property owner, I was able to complete the return using the website/link.  However, when I tried to verify with my Elster account, it failed.  I'll use the information generated from the website and enter it in the Elster website to submit my Grundsteuererklarung. 

I will say it was easier to understand what was being asked for with the website/link you provided.  Thanks!

S.

Herr Schnitzel,

I was not able to use the Grundsteuererklaerung link provided because I am a non-resident property owner.  When I went back and said I was a resident property owner, I was able to complete the return using the website/link.  However, when I tried to verify with my Elster account, it failed.  I'll use the information generated from the website and enter it in the Elster website to submit my Grundsteuererklarung. 

I will say it was easier to understand what was being asked for with the website/link you provided.  Thanks!

S.