Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

receive message on parking fine

7 posts in this topic

I accidentally parked my car at the zone reserved for electric car for 3 days. At the end I receive a fine but it does not say the money but a message "Ihnen wird ein Parksvertoß zur Last gelegt. Nähere Einzelheiten erhält die Halterin bzw der Halter in Kürze schriftlich. Dabei werden auch konkrete Ansprechpersonen genannt. Bitte sehen Sie bis dahin von einer Kontaktaufbahme ab.". Does that mean I have to get a lawyer to talk to them?

They'll (eventually) get in touch with the registered owner who'll probably then

ask you to pay. Until then, no one knows how much or when you've to pay.

They are also requesting you   exercise some patience (simply wait and see)

and not try to contact them.

Takes a while due to the possible case of it being a rental car. That takes a while to determine who pays.

Parking fines are 10-20 Euros - unless you stayed a week...

Now i see. But i feel a little funny because this is the street full of public parking places. But they just reserve 2 places for the electric car. And there are no charging socket there either.

54 minutes ago, kstn said:

Now i see. But i feel a little funny because this is the street full of public parking places. But they just reserve 2 places for the electric car. And there are no charging socket there either.

Maybe the painters / signplanters  got there before the electricians ?

It'll only be a small fine and not worth the hassle of arguing...unless you like the argument, of course:P 

Here's a little film from a TV satire, reporting true stories.

The guy parked his E-auto at a charging station and connected it to charge up.

The car had an E-number plate marking it is an E-auto.

Still got a ticket as he didn't show the green sticker to show "no emmisions" (Feinstaubplakette)

Welcome to Germany !!

No, it means you will receive notification of how much your fine will be and not to contact them in the meantime.