Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Have all admins abandoned Toytown?

102 posts in this topic

Since more than a year I no longer work for The Local or Toytown. So unfortunately I'm unable to fix this issue.

I'm still listed as administrator, but only because nobody has gotten around to changing that. I no longer administrate.

I suspect this issue might take a long time to fix, if ever. You can try accelerating it by emailing the relevant people at The Local:

CEO: james.savage@thelocal.com

CTO: dusan.novakovic@thelocal.com

I've already emailed them myself, but more voices might move the problem up their priority list.

7 hours ago, Editor Bob said:

Since more than a year I no longer work for The Local or Toytown. So unfortunately I'm unable to fix this issue.

I'm still listed as administrator, but only because nobody has gotten around to changing that. I no longer administrate.

I suspect this issue might take a long time to fix, if ever. You can try accelerating it by emailing the relevant people at The Local:

CEO: james.savage@thelocal.com

CTO: dusan.novakovic@thelocal.com

I've already emailed them myself, but more voices might move the problem up their priority list.

Since a number of trolls and *cough* sockpuppets *cough* have fallen silent in the past year, I would say The Local did something right.
Just saying.

Metall, the reduction in trolls is because it's no longer possible to register a new account. You can try, but the account is never approved.

9 hours ago, Editor Bob said:

Metall, the reduction in trolls is because it's no longer possible to register a new account. You can try, but the account is never approved.

No, I do not think you're right.

I'm talking about the disappearance of our long term trolls and sock puppets, and you know that perfectly well.

I also personally know a brand new TTer whose account was recently approved, so you are wrong there, too.

Have been screenshotting some of the more useful posts here for a while now, 90% of them are from panda, because it's been on zombie mode for ages and this looks like it's close to the end.  It doesn't even seem to rate palliative care.

Have been screenshotting some of the more useful posts here for a while now, 90% of them are from panda, because it's been on zombie mode for ages and this looks like it's close to the end.  It doesn't even seem to rate palliative care.

We need to consider setting up a new, well moderated forum with a new crew.

Also everybody please start exchanging contact addresses, just in case we get kicked off etc.

27 minutes ago, Metall said:

We need to consider setting up a new, well moderated forum with a new crew.

Also everybody please start exchanging contact addresses, just in case we get kicked off etc.

We could migrate to https://www.englishforum.ch/ ?

(Although the UI is shit...