I hate Expedia

30 posts in this topic

update:

1.7 I was told "you travel has been canceled. We give you a travel credit, but it will take another 24hr for final decision"

19.7 I was told "Actually your travel never got canceled. We will give you a full refund but it'll take 3 more days for final decision".

22.7 I was told "we will give you a full refund, but it will take 3 more days for final decision"

today 25.7 I was told "we give you a full refund, but it will take 3 more days for final decision"

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

update:

1.7 I was told "you travel has been canceled. We give you a travel credit, but it will take another 24hr for final decision"

19.7 I was told "Actually your travel never got canceled. We will give you a full refund but it'll take 3 more days for final decision".

22.7 I was told "we will give you a full refund, but it will take 3 more days for final decision"

today 25.7 I was told "we give you a full refund, but it will take 3 more days for final decision"

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

here we go again...

last I spoke with them was 25.7, when they told me "we'll give you a full refund, but it takes up to 72hr, if you don't hear from us you can call us then"

and of course, as expected, I didn't hear from them. So now 28.7, 3 days later, I'm calling them again. Guess what they say...

"we'll give you a full refund but it'll take up to 72hr, if you don't hear from us you can call us then..."

the exact same conclusion they told me on 19.7, 22.7, 25.7, and today 28.7

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

When I call CS I always ask to speak to a manager.  They always ask "What is this about?"

I always tell them a CS rep threatened me and I want to report him.  Because it's personal, I cannot give you details.  For all I know, it might be you."

When they transfer me, I get into my real issue.  In your position, I'd ask "Why do you keep lying to your customers?  Is this a company policy?  Are you lying to me now?  Here are the lies you keep telling me."

When I call CS I always ask to speak to a manager.  They always ask "What is this about?"

I always tell them a CS rep threatened me and I want to report him.  Because it's personal, I cannot give you details.  For all I know, it might be you."

When they transfer me, I get into my real issue.  In your position, I'd ask "Why do you keep lying to your customers?  Is this a company policy?  Are you lying to me now?  Here are the lies you keep telling me."

update:

when yesterday they once more told me "if you don't hear from us within 72hr you can call us again" and I repeated "I DO NOT WANT TO CALL YOU" I finally spoke to a supervisor. He told me, there and then, he made the payment. Within seconds I received a confirmation email. Let's see if the refund does arrive or not...

Some good points

*) they admitted error on their side, their first guy said "I have now canceled your travel, you'll get a travel credit", whereas he did not canceled it.

*) even if their 1st operator had canceled my travel (less than 12hr before departure!), we were going to receive a travel credit of almost the full fare. This really amazed me, I consider this very generous. We had to cancel the travel for medical reasons, apparently it was sufficient just to mention this to Expedia, no need for paperwork etc.

I used Expedia one time and paid for the cheapness. Too much time was lost and stress on top. Then I found a local travel agency. For the past 9 years I am with him. Totally happy.  We travel to india minimum  1 time per year. I hope that he will continue his business

1 hour ago, Gambatte said:

update:

when yesterday they once more told me "if you don't hear from us within 72hr you can call us again" and I repeated "I DO NOT WANT TO CALL YOU" I finally spoke to a supervisor. He told me, there and then, he made the payment. Within seconds I received a confirmation email. Let's see if the refund does arrive or not...

Some good points

*) they admitted error on their side, their first guy said "I have now canceled your travel, you'll get a travel credit", whereas he did not canceled it.

*) even if their 1st operator had canceled my travel (less than 12hr before departure!), we were going to receive a travel credit of almost the full fare. This really amazed me, I consider this very generous. We had to cancel the travel for medical reasons, apparently it was sufficient just to mention this to Expedia, no need for paperwork etc.

Less than 12hours is equivalent to no show for some airlines. Means no money will be paid back. Your case is like a dream come true

Did you purchase a travel insurance along with the insurance, or did you credit card company provides such a cover if booked via them?

15 minutes ago, jubinjohn said:

Less than 12hours is equivalent to no show for some airlines. Means no money will be paid back. Your case is like a dream come true

I agree.

Although Expedia first said I get a travel credit, and later said a full refund.

As I wrote, I was/am extremely surprised. Again: I didn't call to get something from them, I called them because I thought it was in THEIR interest to know we were not going to show up. Like maybe they could sell the ticket last minute to someone, whatever...

15 minutes ago, jubinjohn said:

Did you purchase a travel insurance along with the insurance, or did you credit card company provides such a cover if booked via them?

No travel insurance.

Paid by Paypal.