I hate Expedia

30 posts in this topic

Wife and daughter were due to flight to Japan on 2.7, child got covid so they couldn't go. I called Expedia on 1.7, the day before departure, just to inform them they were not going to turn up, I was neither asking nor expecting any refund. I just thought it was nice for them to be informed.

Then and there Expedia guy at the phone told me the airline were issuing me a travel credit of (almost) the full fare, all done, nothing left for me to do. I could later claim the travel credit via phone, not possible online. Guy also said "you will receive an email, confirming your cancelation and your credit, within 24hr". Such email never arrived and I happily forgot about it.

Now we want to book the next travel. I just called Expedia and they tell me the "canceled" flight actually never got canceled, they will cancel it now... The departure was in the past, but the return still lies ahead. I suppose consequence of this (if it does at all happen) is that, at best, they will refund only the return.

Why the hell did the operator say to me "I have canceled your flight, now you got a travel credit", and 3weeks later his colleague says "your flight never got canceled"...

And I just wasted hours (yes, hours, not exaggerating) at the phone.

Very angry.

Speaking of travel service, I have received the following from American Airlines 8 times since May 12 re a refund for my screwed up flights back in May.

Thank you for contacting American Airlines Customer Relations. This is an automated acknowledgement. We typically respond within seven to ten business days, but due to high volumes it may take a little longer.

We appreciate your patience as we work hard to get back to you as soon as possible. Please see the information below for time sensitive issues.

(I booked thru Expedia)

4 minutes ago, Gambatte said:

... email never arrived and I happily forgot about it.

I understand your anger. But this is absolutely key. You failed to follow up after nothing happened. 

Does anyone do a proper job these days ?

17 minutes ago, optimista said:

I understand your anger. But this is absolutely key. You failed to follow up after nothing happened. 

Yes, my bad.

But even if I did follow up, bear in mind I called them 5pm on 1.7, they told me "you will receive a confirmation email within 24hr", departure was due 2.7 6am, so at best I would have followed up after departure...

Now at the phone with them, 1hr 11min and counting, no concrete progress yet.

The operator says he must consult his superior to sort the issue... do I mind holding on the line..? Yes, I do bloody mind but I have no alternatives.

I hate them soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.:ph34r:

Now at the phone with them trying to book the next flight using the travel credit, 1hr 11min and counting, and nothing yet has happened yet.

The operator says he must consult his superior to sort the issue... do I mind holding on the line..? Yes, I do bloody mind but I have no alternatives.

I hate them soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.:ph34r:

I expect the line will drop and I must start all over from scratch:(:(

I expect the line will drop and I must start all over from scratch:(:(

"it will be just a second sir....":wacko:

Now 1hr 26min at the phone with bloody Expedia. 

Every millisecond I hate them a million times more.

Now 1hr 26min at the phone with bloody Expedia. Nothing good happened yet. And nothing at all  in the last 30min. Just hearing bloody music.

Every millisecond I hate them a million times more.

4 hours ago, colincostello said:

But why book thru a 3rd party? Why not just deal with the airline directly?

Lesson learnt.

I checked it at the time and I think it was like half-a-peanut cheaper, despite the fee earned by the portal. Not wort the risk / stress.

😭😭

4 hours ago, colincostello said:

But why book thru a 3rd party? Why not just deal with the airline directly?

BTW after eventually 2 hr on the phone, they finally said they will issue a full refund. Not a partial credit, as they said earlier.

But with a catch: it takes 72hr for this refund to be confirmed. So wait and see...😭😭

Update:

last Wednesday they told me that the previous day my case got escalated, and they were going to get in touch within 72hr, so latest Friday (today). In fact, the person said "I will get in touch with you PERSONALLY".

As expected, nobody got in touch.

So I just called them. Guess what...? I was told that they are looking at my case and they will get in touch within 72hr, so by Monday. Keep kicking the can further down the road.

I hate them soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

Update:

last Wednesday they told me that the previous day my case got escalated, and they were going to get in touch within 72hr, so latest Friday (today). In fact, the person said "I will PERSONALLY get in touch with you".

As expected, nobody got in touch.

So I just called them. Guess what...? I was told that they are looking at my case and they will get in touch within 72hr, so by Monday (does weekend count? dunno). Keep kicking the can further down the road.

I hate them soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭