Airport Chaos

31 posts in this topic

Ok, here is the view direct from a pilot

The TRUTH Behind the Airport Travel CHAOS! - YouTube

He does talk about what I said, ie they kicked a lot of people out etc

Also he talks about

• A lot of pilots wanted to early reair anyway, so took the deals on offer and they are not coming back
  • Pilots realized they prefer to be with their family's, so after getting kicked out, would not want to go back flying, as they already have enough money, and can get back with their families each night.
  • Conditions are just not as good as it was 30 years ago.
  • It takes a long time to train and costs a lot of money to get new pilots
  • Other staff, maybe working outside got new jobs, say working in a store now, as more happy than lifting bags all day

One way to reduce the problem is simply not to fly in the short term. Until things get better. I normally fly from Berlin to the Uk every summer but I am not doing do this time as I fear all this stressful chaos. Instead , I am making full use of my 9 euro wonder tivket to get about Germany.

Holidayng in your  country of residence is not so bad , is it? Support that economy as it comes out of Covid. Fly abroad later on.

The Uk term finishes soon and I just hope  there is not a mad rush to fly abroad.

On 13/07/2022, 10:07:48, Krieg said:

Germany's unemployment rate is 2.8%, I think it is the lowest ever.

Actually, it’s 5.2% (see official data: https://www.arbeitsagentur.de/news/arbeitsmarkt-2022 )

I flew to Mallorca 2 weeks ago with only hand luggage. Very quick processing both in Munich and Mallorca. On Mallorca, they have no body scans in place, so 8-9 persons pass the security gate per minute. Tourists with few clothes on. All done very quick. I think I waited 5 minutes in total. 

Scammers are taking advantage of the situation and setting up copy Face book pages. After I could not contact LH I left a question on Facebook. Looking exactly like the LH website I gave my email and phone number. Alarm bells well full on scammer alert when he asked if I could verify details though a Crypto account. As I was deleting my info he offered to help me solve my problem by logging into my computer if I installed software. I played along as I reported and blocked him. Facebook as normal has done nothing the site under Joe Cole is still there at the top of the list with the LH logo in full view. There is a lot of effort in the site so must be paying well. There are hundreds of users waiting for someone from LH to "reach out"  Yes I use the wrong date of birth on Facebook for a good reason. "Joe Cole" Have a look report and block.

On 14/07/2022, 14:23:55, yesterday said:

Maybe Emirates has got a good compensation plan ...

But if Heathrow says its not safe to land, you cannot call the bluff, you have to cancel the flights

Heathrow airport does not own NATS. Although I have heard they also have problems. At least its all controlled remotely so cost of living in London is not a huge problem. 

On 13.7.2022, 07:54:26, scook17 said:

And from that same article:

"No staff shortages at Deutsche Bahn. Fortunately for Deutsche Bahn, Germany's national railway company, staffing is not an issue.

That is clearly not true. A few weeks ago I was traveling on an ICE and the board restaurant was closed due to staff shortages (that was the announcement). There was also nobody to check your ticket in any of the 3 trains I used.

23 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Source - Telegram

Telegram is not a source of any information. It is a place for people to communicate and share information from many different sources.

53 minutes ago, paulyg said:

Telegram is not a source of any information. It is a place for people to communicate and share information from many different sources.

In other words, not verified.