Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Miete Issues: Young Family kicked out apartment

24 posts in this topic

They just got a letter that informs him that he can no longer drive until he finishes this Aufbauseminar. This is due to the fact that he had that accident 2 months ago, and it was his fault, and it occured a few months after he had received his driving license. So he was still on probation with his driving license, 

This seminar takes time, and money. Without a car he cannot go to work. So he will either have to write himself sick (new job), which will cause him to lose his job after he goes back to work. How can one find an apartment while being written as sick? 

They have three perfect kids. They are poor. They fled Syria. They really tried here, they learned the language, she did a Weiterbildung in accounting . It is so hard though, different culture, everything works so differently from where they came from. It is hard for me as an English speaker from the West. For them it is at times impossible. 

I don't know what else to do for them. I offered them to move in with me. I asked my landlord, he said okay. For a few weeks, with no Anmeldung. I have a 3 room apartment. I am with my young son and my disabled partner stays over on the weekend. They are 5 people. So you can imagine the zoo that would ensue. Regardless, they could save up a bit for that darn Kaution. 

It is really tough. 

He needs to go to court and apply for Beratungshilfe to get legal help. He can also claim Härtefall to his driver's license.

Its not kosher for a doctor to write him off sick if he's not. 

18 hours ago, fraufruit said:

I think that this is where the confusion is. The owners didn't just buy the flat. They have owned it all along and now want to live in it. Maybe.

I've never understood how one could find out in an Eigenbedarf situation whether or not the owners did move in. 

Don't they have to register in the city hall?

On 7/12/2022, 3:33:00, fraufruit said:

They need to join a Mietverein today which is a cheap way to have all of their questions answered. 

Won`t help, the dispute has already started so any letter the Mietverein sends (to the owner) will be charged as a lawyers rate.

19 hours ago, Proton Anna said:

Sorry... I don't understand your reply. This is a family that has lived in this house for longer than 1 year. They were given notice that they have to move out, as the owner of the house wants to move in herself. They were given 3 months. Which is very difficult, as they need to come up with new Kaution for a new apartment, and in Munich it is darn harn hard to find something else, not to mention save 4000 for a kaution (they are 5 people, so they need a large apartment).

I had an Eignebegarf case in 2015 (got kicked out), went to court mainly because my wife was pregnant and we needed some more time.

The court will in most cases take the side of the owner. If the owner goes to court, the family will have to pay their costs and most likely the costs of the owner and also compensation to the owner as well as being kicked out anyway.