Buying a home in Germany 2022

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I would like your advice on buying a home in Germany.

in Besichtigungstermin (viewing appointment) what are the right/important questions to ask?

Asking for a credit directly from a bank is it ok that they want all kind of really personal information just to give you a credit offer?!

Einkommens- und Vermögensauskunft

Kopie Personalausweis/Reisepass

Lohn-/Gehaltsnachweise der letzten drei Monate

Einkommenssteuerbescheid

Kopie Kontoauszüge/Depotauszüge/Bauspar- und Versicherungsunterlagen

I requested the Grundbuchauszug der Wohnung from the Makler after the viewing appointment, but I was told that this will be given directly to the bank when we secure the credit and we really want to buy it?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

If this is a condo rather than a house, you may want to find out what renovations have been done recently, what is planned and how much money they have in their funds.  Otherwise, you might find out after you've bought that they are redoing the roof or siding or all the balconies need to be replaced and that they don't have the funds to pay for it so each condo has to fork out a chunk of money.  In order to find out, you may want to ask your prospective neighbours, also to find out if it's a quiet building, how much they pay for heating and condo fees etc.  I think banks asking you all kinds of things is normal here.

Have you used the search on this site?  You're not the first of many who've asked these questions.

Hi LeonG, all this info is in the Wirtschaftsplan right?

It is an apartment rather then house, yes.

2 hours ago, Lotzo said:

Hi LeonG, all this info is in the Wirtschaftsplan right?

It is an apartment rather then house, yes.

Should be, at least somewhat but it still doesn't hurt to talk with the neighbors.