Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Compensation for cancelled flights

7 posts in this topic

Hi

Friends of mine are booked on a Lufthansa flight from Heathrow to Munich on the 15th of this month, they leaned today that the flight has been cancelled and have been offered an alternative on the 21st July, given that they bought tickets for the Sting concert at the Tollwood on the 16th, clearly the alternative is not acceptable. All attempts to telephone Lufthansa's call desk in the UK have failed with a message saying no one is available to take calls.

Anyone know what their rights are for compensation and refund?

22 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

All attempts to telephone Lufthansa's call desk in the UK have failed with a message saying no one is available to take calls.

Wow. Customer service.

Thanks for that but what is not clear to me in this case since the alternative flights offered are so outrageously delayed and totally unacceptable (the return was booked and is still scheduled for the 21st July, same day as the outbound alternative) if they cancel the bookings, assuming they are offered a full refund (which will anyway take 6 months based on my experience), will they still be entitled to compensation and also any chance of expenses to cover for the value of the concert  tickets, hotel cancellation etc.?

Ooops panic off!

It seems my friends misread the cancellation notice, it was not for the outbound flight which it turns out is still on but for the return (greater than 14 days away) which has been cancelled and rebooked later the same day.